A Little Bit Of This And That..

Lucky13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was telling my husband and making him look at everyones beautiful pictures of insects on here and was telling him how i really needed a better camera.. well he said no of course so i did my best and got super close to a few different things lol...
30215_110083395703004_1024051564708.jpg

29915_109367725774571_1024051564708.jpg

might have sharpened that a bit to much

30215_110069505704393_1024051564708.jpg

What camera do you have? If it is ANY DSLR, then you don't need a new camera...just maybe a new lens.

as for c&c. 1 isn't bad but appears way oversharpened or too much contrast...the rest all seem to be mis-focused and oversharpened. I'd recommend you either A. Buy a flash to help light it...maybe some type of diffuser or B. Spend $200 for a good tripod and start using that with your macros....stop down the aperture and go from there.

Oh, and I like one if it wasn't for the oversharpening and the centered composition.

are these cropped? or hardcore sharpened?

I like 1 and 2 as well, but agree with what NateS said. There's a lot of noise that's been introduced into all three of them as well. And again, if you're using a DSLR, the lens will make more of a difference in macro than a camera body. Not to mention the lens can carry over when you eventually do get a better body.

You can get good pictures with cheap body with nice lens, but not the other way around.

1) not bad..harsh lighting on top of photo
2) very noisy
3) 3 is my favorite

i have a sony dslr a330 and from what i see there isnt very many lens to go with this camera..i didnt look into that when i bought it.. thats why i want a different one and they were really sharpened and cropped and the first one is the contrast.i have photoshop 7 and have come to see i really know nothing about it

They are a minolta fitting as Sony bought them out, minolta AF lens are as good as any nik or can make, they're just a little harder to find, try ebay. When sharpening keep it below 150% till you learn some techniques, each shot requires different levels. H

In ps 7, instead of using the sharpening tool, use unsharpmask. It is much more effective. U can also use the noise reduction tool as well
to smooth out the pixels.

Most reactions

Back