A naked tree

Dylan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I took this shot because I really liked the shape of this tree (the one with no leaves). At the time I thought it would be an interesting composition because the other trees in the picture all have their leaves. It seems like my subject was lost in the shot though. I'm not sure if this can be saved through editing but your welcome to try. I would like to hear suggestions of better ways to shoot this while still keeping the same composition. Thanks for looking.

large.jpg

i agree that your subject of the tree with no leaves has been lost by the more colorful tree.

within the same composition, it'd be tough, perhaps selective focusing type of deal where the other trees are blurrier or shade them a lot so they're not quite as prominent, whilst bringing out the darkness of the leafless tree.

i think i would have tried to shoot the leafless tree headon with the other trees in the background and utilize a more shallow DOF so that it would not be in focus, but would be recognizable as a tree.

although i don't have any other trees in my shot, would you mind me posting a pic of my naked tree just for point of reference?

Is the chance to go and reshoot still given? Or is the yellow tree now as bare as the other?

For somehow I think that (now this would change your composition...!) the yellow tree might be a nice background for the bare tree, so if you went to the top of that slope and photographed from the other direction? Maybe - just maybe???

LaFoto said:
Is the chance to go and reshoot still given? Or is the yellow tree now as bare as the other?

For somehow I think that (now this would change your composition...!) the yellow tree might be a nice background for the bare tree, so if you went to the top of that slope and photographed from the other direction? Maybe - just maybe???

i concur! :)

meotter said:
although i don't have any other trees in my shot, would you mind me posting a pic of my naked tree just for point of reference?

No problem.

I wish I could reshoot it but I'm sure all of those trees are bare by now. We recently had a few days of rain which I'm sure stripped all of the leaves off.

If you look at the top half of the picture you can see there is a strong presence of light cutting across. I also took the same picture with backlighting. I thought it might make a difference but it actuall was worse than this.

There's always next year.

Dylan said:
There's always next year.

That may depend: if this is just a tree type that defoliates earlier than the other tree types then yes. If, however, this 'bare tree' was defoliated by acid rain, then it is effectively dead or dying and may have already fallen down next year.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back