A newbie to photography.

Ian S

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, I'm Ian, 18 from England. I found this site a few week back before I bought my camera and decided that now I have a few pictures I would sign up. I did study photography at school, however I was disappointed in how it was taught. I didn't learn any of the basics such as the Rule of thirds, or what makes a good photo, it was more of getting an assignment going out and shooting with no help. I have come here to try and learn new things and improve my photography. I have a Nikon D3000 18-55mm VR kit lens.

Hello all, I'm Ian, 18 from England. I found this site a few week back before I bought my camera and decided that now I have a few pictures I would sign up. I did study photography at school, however I was disappointed in how it was taught. I didn't learn any of the basics such as the Rule of thirds, or what makes a good photo, it was more of getting an assignment going out and shooting with no help. I have come here to try and learn new things and improve my photography. I have a Nikon D3000 18-55mm VR kit lens.
welcome and I have the same body and lens. you should also look into the 55-200mm VR lens, great add on!

Greetings from across the pond...

First.. ask, ask ask... there are no stupid questions here.
Secondly, practice practice practice and dont get discouraged. Just keep shooting.
Third, ask ask ask.. dont stop asking and get input and use the critisizm as a means to grow.
Forth: 4-giv mi spelun, eye ez a produkt ov da amerikan skol sieyseiytem.

Greetings from across the pond...

First.. ask, ask ask... there are no stupid questions here.
Secondly, practice practice practice and dont get discouraged. Just keep shooting.
Third, ask ask ask.. dont stop asking and get input and use the critisizm as a means to grow.
Forth: 4-giv mi spelun, eye ez a produkt ov da amerikan skol sieyseiytem.

Welcome from Thailand Wingsabr,

Good advice Soocom1. I would add - read, read, read...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back