A pic I took...please C&C

rat_1_ca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this today....
3182004309_3bb8c92518_b.jpg

Nice picture. I only have a few suggestions. It seems to me that your photo has more then one subject. Is it a picture of a train, or a some people walking on the train track, or just a pretty snapshot of a town? There is no one thing that draws your eye, and because of that, my eye is going everywhere trying to find what I am supposed to be looking at.

Keep working at it!

what makes something a "snapshot" and what makes something a "photograph"? seems to me this picture captures the whole scene. people scurrying across train tracks before the trains hits them.

I, being me, would crop tighter on the train and figures, cut off the parking lot and that would clean up the extraneous a lot.
SJ

what makes something a "snapshot" and what makes something a "photograph"?
That's a very good and valid question. The most basic answer is a snapshot usually isn't thought out before the shot is taken...you point and shoot and what you get is what you get.

A photograph is generally more thought out and planned before you hit the shutter release...How's the light? Which direction is it coming from? How should I compose it? Should I get closer? Should I go farther away? Should I hold the camera in a horizontal orientation? Should I hold it in the portrait orientation? Should I use a telephoto lens? Should I use a wide angle lens? Etc, etc, etc...and the end result is hopefully a nicely composed, well lit, pleasing image that says something to us.

I agree as well, if you crop out the left with the parking lot and you make it a portrait oriented photo it would be greatly improved. the cars are a distracting element to the shot.

That's a good picture.

Keep in mind, I didn;t take the original shot...just trying to work with what is here.
Had I taken the photo I would have used a longer focal length to begin with.

Not sure what my hat has to do with this pic though.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back