A portrait of young woman

ebyelyakov

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forcing myself to work through TFP collaborations. Thanks Wacom for being :D

Barb1033.jpg

A lovely portrait! I think (at least on my screen) that the whites of her eyes and the shirt are a touch too much on the cool side and the eyes look to be a little over sharpened. I like everything else about this shot.

Beautiful model and portrait. In addition to the comments mentioned above, I'm detecting some annoying specular highlights in the hair at the top and along the side. I'm wondering if you might have oversharpened in this area as well. Would burn down the highlights and ease the sharpness along those areas.

A lovely portrait! I think (at least on my screen) that the whites of her eyes and the shirt are a touch too much on the cool side and the eyes look to be a little over sharpened. I like everything else about this shot.

Thanks for your feedback! Spot on with the cool side (my bane actually) just checked the shirt and I'm negative six on B (using LAB readouts). Noted on the sharpening!

she appears to be riding too low in the frame

she appears to be riding too low in the frame
Agree; this is a case where, IMO, portrait aspect would be much more appropriate. I understand her right arm position seeming to make this a natural for a landscape orientation, but an image like this should really go to at least the bottom of the bust line. Additionally, I'm seeing some odd texturing on her cheeks; not sure if it's make-up, enhancement artifacts, or ....

Thank You Gentlemen, much appreciated. I need to spend more time on understanding the framing for portraits. Now as you pointed out, I see those mistakes much better.
Very grateful for all your comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back