A quick Leica Value question.

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My neighbour asked me today to try and find an estimated value for his Leica kit.. I figured I would try here first as I think you all have your heads screwed on when it comes to values.

All of the eqipment is in good to excellent condition some components even having their original boxes. The equipment is as follows:

Leica M2
50mm Standard Elmar lense.
3 5 Summaron lense.
90mm Emarite lense.

and equpiment and accessories for 1:1 photography including a modified range finder.

If you guys have any idea of the value associated with a setup like this please can you let me know.

Ta :mrgreen:

Tricky stuff, as Leica (and especially Olympus) have very dedicated fans who will pay over the "market" value.

My best guesses, based on mint condition and some kind of proof that it's not stolen (like a box or manual or something).

£400 for the M2 body only.
50mm lens (if it's clean and original) £90

The rest doesn't mean anything to me, so sorry can't even guess.

ok thats a start thanks rob

I wouldn't care to speculate on the value of used Leica gear in the UK. Leica equipment in general seems to fetch a premium in Europe, which is why many European Leica users buy their stuff from North American sellers (even with VAT added, the price difference usually makes it worthwhile). If you'd like an idea of how much it would go for here (Canada/U.S.), try looking at keh.com, Adorama's used section, etc. Their prices are somewhat higher than eBay, for which you can search completed auctions.

To get an idea of the UK price, eBay UK is certainly a good start. Search for completed auctions located only there. You can also try second hand dealers, though I couldn't help you with any specifics. I would research the items individually, because they'll sell for more than they would together.

Scurra said:
My neighbour asked me today to try and find an estimated value for his Leica kit.. I figured I would try here first as I think you all have your heads screwed on when it comes to values.

All of the eqipment is in good to excellent condition some components even having their original boxes. The equipment is as follows:

Leica M2
50mm Standard Elmar lense.
3 5 Summaron lense. (35mm Summaron?)
90mm Emarite lense. (Elmarit?)

and equpiment and accessories for 1:1 photography including a modified range finder.

If you guys have any idea of the value associated with a setup like this please can you let me know.

Hey Scurra,

I have a book of Leica values and it gave me the following prices:

Leica M2 - between $750-1000 (body only)
50mm Elmar - between $250-450
35mm Summaron - between $400-600
90mm Elmarit - between $550-900 (depending on the date of manufacture)

As for the rest, find out what kind of accessories and I'll find prices for you.

By the way, prices were quoted from the Leica International Price Guide and the quotes are for mint to excellent condition.

Best bet, if you need a more accurate quote on the above, find out the serial numbers of the camera and each lens, mechanical condition, camera/lens looks and aesthetics, an accurate description of the accessories and I'll give it another try.

Hope this helps.

wow thanks Mitica, thats come in really handy... I'll get onto the guy about the accessories and the serial numbers and post back here sometime soon.

Excellent! I'll wait.

I'm due to see him 2moro I'll PM you with the details thnx mitica

Most reactions

Back