a strech, NSFW

She's a waitress and occasionally "promotional girl"- have no clue how you call it
Maybe "promotional model." Please, bring her to the U.S. when you come to visit!

But, what happened Marija?

I seem to remember you mostly posting travel style shots and photos of rooms and buildings and things, then, all of a sudden you're producing some really awesome boudoir shots right off the bat, without any kind of build up or learning curve to it.

What happened? How/why/when did you just suddenly switch styles and be so immediately good at it?!
oh LOL Ian

I don't think it's "right off the bat, without any kind of build up or learning curve to it." at all and now I'm not sure how to take this, as a compliment or no :) because, I obviously came across someone who do just shoot "travel and buildings and things"

I started with landscape, and then commercial photography, food, children, people, documentary, photojournalism...
All types have something that's "the same" and I learn/memorize things trough concepts. Food and commercial taught me so many things I apply to people f.e.
And I have to mention that I was shooting with a crappy camera for a few years, and that sort of limitation teach you a lot!

So shooting boudoir wasn't "new" it's just a somewhat different subject with the same concepts applied. Anyway, that's how I see it.

And... I get bored easily... When I reach the point where I realize "Ok I got it now", things become "easy" and I loose interest in them... so I need to shake things up and do something different. Who knows what will be next, icm maybe, film definately...

But, what happened Marija?

I seem to remember you mostly posting travel style shots and photos of rooms and buildings and things, then, all of a sudden you're producing some really awesome boudoir shots right off the bat, without any kind of build up or learning curve to it.

What happened? How/why/when did you just suddenly switch styles and be so immediately good at it?!
oh LOL Ian

I don't think it's "right off the bat, without any kind of build up or learning curve to it." at all and now I'm not sure how to take this, as a compliment or no :) because, I obviously came across someone who do just shoot "travel and buildings and things"

I started with landscape, and then commercial photography, food, children, people, documentary, photojournalism...
All types have something that's "the same" and I learn/memorize things trough concepts. Food and commercial taught me so many things I apply to people f.e.
And I have to mention that I was shooting with a crappy camera for a few years, and that sort of limitation teach you a lot!

So shooting boudoir wasn't "new" it's just a somewhat different subject with the same concepts applied. Anyway, that's how I see it.

And... I get bored easily... When I reach the point where I realize "Ok I got it now", things become "easy" and I loose interest in them... so I need to shake things up and do something different. Who knows what will be next, icm maybe, film definately...

Oh, it was definitely a compliment :)

It's just that generally, most people tend to have a genre or couple of genres they prefer to shoot that they generally stick to (certainly in TPF, anyway) i.e., street photographers often shoot only/mostly street and nature photographers generally aren't that into portraiture, etc. I just thought (wrongly, obviously!) that yours was the travelly/architecture-ish ones.

It's great that you explore different genres - it's just that I hadn't seen this genre from you before until recently, which is why I wondered how you suddenly switched interest so quickly and with such apparent ease, despite no evidence of you having an interest in this genre before.

It's great! I love this new stuff! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back