A sweet kiss

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Horse and rider at the end of an equine class. D810, Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD at 200mm, f/3.5, 1/1600s, ISO 400 (I really gotta start looking at all the data in the viewfinder - coulda shot at ISO 100).
frc-equestrian-ctr1502-065-x1080.jpg

C&C is welcome.

Jim[/QUOTE]

Good capture of the moment. Nice rim lighting. Background is distracting, so I wonder how much more blur you might have gotten. Frame is good on three sides, but too tight at the bottom, crowding their feet.

Good capture of the moment. Nice rim lighting. Background is distracting, so I wonder how much more blur you might have gotten. Frame is good on three sides, but too tight at the bottom, crowding their feet.
I think it's due to the increased clarity. This is a sometime a bokeh killer.

I like the busy background as it is sort of colour co-ordinated with the girls clothing

I don't mind the tight bottom crop. There's nothing else down there I need to see. In fact, I might even tighten up the other 3 sides just a tad.
I like the out of focus background, but still in focus enough to set the scene.
Lighting is very nice.
Nice job

Thanks for the nice comments, all.
Background is distracting, so I wonder how much more blur you might have gotten.
...at f/2.8? Me too. I should have been paying closer attention to the viewfinder info. It would have shown me I could reduce the ISO and open up the aperture and still hand-hold the shot.

Frame is good on three sides, but too tight at the bottom, crowding their feet.
I wish I had seen the kiss coming, I would have gotten a better composition. The preceding 2 shots had much better cropping potential, but there were always distracting backgrounds (other riders) and no kissing, so I was just lowering this heavy camera when I glimpsed the cupping of her hands and pursed lips. I no sooner got the viewfinder back to my eye and fired 2 more shots when it was all over. I didn't even know if I got the kiss until hours later and sifting through nearly 800 images (well, 500 or so up to that point). What a joyful moment that was for me.

So yeah, I agree about the cropping. I was able to crop out top and sides for better composition, but there was absolutely no room at the bottom. Bummer.

Jim

An excellent capture of a wonderful moment. Congrats!

As for the processing, I think this has a bit too much saturation and there is a definite red shift that needs to be corrected in my opinion.
Desaturation and color correction helps this shot considerably, as does mono conversion.
Subjective opinion. YMMV.

A great shot regardless.

Yuk! But a very good shot.

Among my first impressions I was thinking the colour is a bit off somewhere. On a tablet just now so hard to find out. A little bit tight at the bottom, though that could be fixed in software. Caught the moment really well. She would love it I'm sure.

An excellent capture of a wonderful moment. Congrats!

As for the processing, I think this has a bit too much saturation and there is a definite red shift that needs to be corrected in my opinion.
Desaturation and color correction helps this shot considerably, as does mono conversion.
Subjective opinion. YMMV.

A great shot regardless.
agree with sleist

and... the color of the sky is not good

of course jmo

Really nice. I would make the effort to de-saturate the background.

Most reactions

Back