A Warning from Oom

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very nice pic :thumbup:

Thanks. It's a re-edit from a color shot I posted back in Novermber. I'm thinking of making a series of my anthropomorphics in B&W. Still not quite happy with this one for some reason though- may see if I can reshoot this or find another in the area this weekend.

One of these things do not belong... lol looks like you cut a tree from the beach and placed it here. Great work.

One of these things do not belong... lol looks like you cut a tree from the beach and placed it here. Great work.

Thanks- and I suppose that would look wild to someone in your area. The California Fan Palm (Washingtonia fillifera) is native to the desert though. The do require plenty of water, and the trees here at Oom (Oasis of Mara) have it under the ground (although it is diminishing). The oasis is formed by an earthquake faultline (Pinto Mountain fault) which forces the groundwater near the surface where the roots can reach it. Something that really looks like it doesn't belong is the 49 Palms Oasis, which is in a rocky canyon in the barren desert mountains nearby.

http://digital-desert.com/49-palms-oasis/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back