AAA Baseball vs 7D Mk II

Nicely framed shots, seems like for low light you got some nice color and brightness.

Couldn't help but notice the photographers on the other side across from you. Of course this was just for practice in this lighting and I figured you may not have had much choice in vantage point.

I don't think I'd like shooting baseball, they usually seem to be shooting from the well. I've always liked local hockey where I could roam free. lol

Thanks Sharon. I wasn't credentialed for the pit. I was sitting in the first row behind the visitor dug-out on the first base side.

We are a small market and it was one of the hottest days of the year, so I could pretty much get a seat where I wanted to.

I figured you were there attending the game and didn't have an option. That's what I've done sometimes, shoot from the seats and go early (often fans are allowed to be rinkside during warmups). Actually I've done that quite a bit, go to games early; have gotten some nice close up player shots during warmups.

Here is the ISO 10000 one that I mentioned that @astroNikon wants to see.

I processed in LR only I did Auto WB and Auto basic with +40 Clarity, Then in the detail panel, I used Sharpening at 80 and Luminance and Color noise reduction at 50. Then I went to lens correction and checked the boxes for lens correction and CA removal.

DodgersSkySox-227.jpg

Love #3, great timing. Are there more in that sequence? I would like to see a couple prior to that, and maybe one just after it.

Jaca, I went back and looked at my images. I have 4 images before #3 and they are from the start of the swing until the ball is in the frame and then this one. Nothing after this, guess I should have kept firing for you.

I'll try harder next time.

Love #3, great timing. Are there more in that sequence? I would like to see a couple prior to that, and maybe one just after it.

Jaca, I went back and looked at my images. I have 4 images before #3 and they are from the start of the swing until the ball is in the frame and then this one. Nothing after this, guess I should have kept firing for you.

:) No problem. I do that all the time. Trying not to lay on the shutter (like an extra shot or two is going to hurt) :). That surfer sequence I posted was a prime example of letting go too early. Would have loved having the shot of him landing on the board and finishing out the wave. STILL LEARNING :) :)

Spray and Pray ... spray and pray .. work that 11fps
unless you're good at timing :)

Spray and Pray ... spray and pray .. work that 11fps
unless you're good at timing :)

I don't feel like I do that. There are times when I do shoot 10-11 frames for a sequence but that's not the rule for me. I usually shoot like 3-5 images max. sometimes I try to time it with 1 maybe 2.

kewl. wish the Short Stop wasn't in the pic.

Thanks Astro. I thought about that but spent WAY too much time on it as it stands and didn't have a clean background on any of the shots.

Thanks Sharon. I wasn't credentialed for the pit. I was sitting in the first row behind the visitor dug-out on the first base side.

for baseball it helps to be on ground level in the infield
(and having f2.8 telephoto lens)

for baseball it helps to be on ground level in the infield
(and having f2.8 telephoto lens)

It helps but not possible for most people. I am not fortunate enough to have a 2.8.

Most reactions

Back