Abnormal output! [Canon350D]

Nictalopen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have problems when there's a lack of light like in this case. Any clues?

225895147_f515d56945_o.jpg

Thanks.

I took this about a month ago. I'm not sure. I think it was raw. Exported to jpg right after the shot. I only know that I get the same results as raw and jpg when there's lack of light. So it doesn't matter. :er:

Is your iso setting on auto? Choose a lower iso manually use a longer exposure. try again. The higher the iso setting the more 'noise' you get on the image like this one.

Ok fotonemer. I know that it's noisier as you put the higher iso. ISO on Canon 350D is not automatic, but manual. This noise on 1600 ISO isn't possible. It's definitely something else. I took photos with 1600ISO, which were noisy but not like this one and not 'red noisiness'.

When you converted to JPEG, did you happen to push your exposure upwards? That might have caused this type of graininess and the purply-red hue (that is what I find at least)

Then also try higher iso with longer shutter speed- also increase the ev+.

it looks for me as software problem (in your pc) maybe it adjust exposure automatically?

It looks like either you shot a very underexposed shot and cranked up the exposure in the raw file, or you just shot at a high ISO for a long exposure. I would guess that 30 seconds at ISO 1600 would probaby give you something similar to this.

Digital Matt said:
It looks like either you shot a very underexposed shot and cranked up the exposure in the raw file, or you just shot at a high ISO for a long exposure. I would guess that 30 seconds at ISO 1600 would probaby give you something similar to this.

Exactly what I was thinking, Matt. As you increase the amplification (ie ISO setting) the noise increases some... but a long exposure will increase it hugely. It's the opposite of impossible; it's a fact.

Lower the ISO and open the aperture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back