About a Flash... canon...

c_lawrence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First, I apologize if this is a redundant thread, but my search has not worked with this forum for a couple of days, so I'm just gonna ask...

I am wondering if someone could give me a better understanding of external flashes (master vs. slave, TTL dedication, metering...)

I am working with Canon, so anything specific to this, would be great. I am interested in being able to use an external flash to bounce while attached to the camera body and would also like to be able to use the flash externally/wireless while detached from the camera body. Additionally, I would like to be able to add another flash in the future to use simultaneously (I guess this would be a 'slave' flash?).

I am looking at the "580 EX II Speedlite"... would this accomplish what I am looking for?

As much as I try an deter from posting links to other forums, try the information in this sticky from POTN. There's a ton of information about EOS flashes and the hows and why's of TTL and it's mechanics. Strobist is good, but it's more about technique and off camera flashes that are fired manually.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=138907

Thanks for the links... very helpful!

Most reactions

Back