About to Push that "Buy" Button on a 24-70mm f/2.8L ... What Next?

+1 for the 50mm. Even the cheaper 1.8 version is worth having in your bag. ($90). It can easily save you in low light situations. You just have to get use to the 1.4 or 1.8 shots or you can easily mess up. :) I have.

Well for wedding work you have your 70-200mm but you will probably need something better than your 18-55mm kit lens for all those inside shots (and whilst your 35mm is a good option, it lacks that versatility that a zoom or a range of primes offers you).
The 24-70mm f2.8 L is often used by wedding photographers - though you could consider the 24-105mm f4 IS L since the longer focal range might be more suited to letting you get that odd nature grabshot. The smaller max aperture might push you more to learning and mastering the use of flash for inside work in dimmer environments.

Did you read the original post of the thread? Even the title? He's buying the 24-70.

The holy trinity of Canon Zoom glass is the 16-35 f2.8LII, 24-70 f2.8L & the 70-200 f2.8L. I own the trinity and love it on FF and crop bodies.

The holy trinity of Canon Zoom glass is the 16-35 f2.8LII, 24-70 f2.8L & the 70-200 f2.8L. I own the trinity and love it on FF and crop bodies.

:thumbup:
I'm working on getting my holy trinity done :sexywink:
The 16-35mm f/2.8L II is a great lens, very versitile, fast, and sharp.

Uh huh, working to get the trinity plus 100-400mm and 50mm f/1.4 as well as 100mm macro. :)

Jesus, looking at your website you're into nature, product and astrophotography and you're shooting this on a $25 tripod!?

Some have already mentioned that you should invest in a new one, but there has been nowhere near enough emphasis placed on this. Forget about new glass and bodies: you need a new tripod. Especially since you have a 70-200. A tripod may not be as glamourous and exciting, but it's the most important piece of kit you can own as a nature/astrophotographer. Look at Manfrotto/Gitzo and spend a good few hundred dollars.

Did you read the original post of the thread? Even the title? He's buying the 24-70.

yah - but he forgot to update his sig kit list - which is what I read just before writing that post ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back