Abstract??

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What does one look for in abstract art/photography...texture.lines,color??? all the above? I wish to learn!

3844808859_7484edec78.jpg

C&C always welcome....is this even considered abstract?

I don't consider it abstract.
To me, to be abstract, you focus mainly on composition, line, shape, color, visual balance, etc.
Something that is abstract leaves you wondering what the image came from, and makes the viewer decide what it is, and what the artist is trying to convey. often abstract images are compelling, just like abstract paintings, without having an obvious story to tell.

Here is my own example:

3683618257_136b0fd6e2_o.jpg

I don't consider it abstract.
To me, to be abstract, you focus mainly on composition, line, shape, color, visual balance, etc.
Something that is abstract leaves you wondering what the image came from, and makes the viewer decide what it is, and what the artist is trying to convey. often abstract images are compelling, just like abstract paintings, without having an obvious story to tell.

Here is my own example:

3683618257_136b0fd6e2_o.jpg

As always a masterpiece photograph Bitter! and a great explanation.
Ever though of writing and illustrating a book on the subject?

non representational. abstract really has no rules.
abstraction is hard to define and so is often the easy way out for people who wish to be artists but do not understand the meaning behind abstraction and why it came about in the first place (thanks to the good ol' camera).
story is redundant in abstraction. thats the point.

so really, it is up to you!

Most reactions

Back