Abstract

P1013262.jpg

@Dean_Gretsch cool! I've seen something similar but I can't remember the details. How about a little information on the process.

Sure Smoke. You need a polarized light source, any interestingly-shaped clear plastic object ( these are a couple empty stackable spice jars ), and a CPL filter. Easy as that. Turn the ring on the filter until you're happy with the combinations of the colors. It is about as easy as it comes.

Sure Smoke. You need a polarized light source, any interestingly-shaped clear plastic object ( these are a couple empty stackable spice jars ), and a CPL filter. Easy as that. Turn the ring on the filter until you're happy with the combinations of the colors. It is about as easy as it comes.
What's your polarized light source?

Now I remember! That's what that linear polarizer sheet is for that I ordered for my strobe! I was going to try this and never got around to it. LOL

@jcdeboever Sorry for the delay, JC, but we went Christmas shopping for the grandson. This process is called photoelasticity. There may be all sorts of ideas floating around out there, but the video I watched suggested just downloading a full sized white screen on your laptop, tablet or desktop. The light from these are polarized. You are using the screen as the backdrop and looking through the plastic at the screen.

Most reactions

Back