Accidentally Taking Pictures Through Clothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vautrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So odd question here.

I took a number of picture with my olympus evolt 510 with the intention of stitching them together for a pano. I stitched them together, and one of my friends noticed a random woman in the pictures had her nipples clearly visible through the clothing. And I'm not just talking about seeing the outline, I'm talking about really seeing them.

It's not like she had holes there because she was wearing BOTH a sweater and a shirt.

What caused my camera to have seeming xray vision? Is this a fluke thing? Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Thanks,

Dan

We can't help you without seeing EXACTLY what you are talking about! :lol:

This has to be THE most rediculous thread I've ever read since I came here.

I am the life of the party, always... however, I do not come to Beyond the Basics to party... I come here to learn PHOTOGRAPHY. ;)

Want to party, use the appropriate forum for it... please.

Jerry's party-pooping aside, it was almost certainly a result of your flash. Party goers wouldn't have noticed this in ambient light. But the tabloids and celeb web sites regularly feature photos of celeb nipples that have been revealed from camera flash passing light through a dress and reflecting back out again.

I'm not sure if I can post links to examples here without having a moderator smite me so I'll err on the side of caution. Without even trying, examples came up quickly for Jessica Simpson and Uma Thurman in Google.

stsinner, BAN!!!

hey op, can i borrow your camera? I'll test it out. make sure the "x ray vision" is gone.

I come here to learn PHOTOGRAPHY.

Must be hard when you know everything.

In any case, it is the flash that did it. If you visit the Celebrity Gossip websites, you'll see tons of photos of celebs getting "caught" because they wore shear garments, and the cameras flash is able to illuminate the already thing clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back