Action HDR, C&C if you want.

the image is what it is.
And what it is is EDR.

Recently I said the word "irregardless" in conversation. I was corrected by an acquaintance, who tactfully told me the correct word is "regardless". I thanked her for letting me know. Cripes, all these years I was saying it improperly. :lol:

Anyway, it really is a great image and I'm looking forward to seeing the final version.

Jon

Edit: You may want to try a slightly different crop so the biker isn't dead center. I know this would remove some of the dirt spray, but it may improve the composition.

this is just going to end up turning into a pissing match over terminology. EDR, HDR, whatever, the image is what it is.

Exactly. No need for everyone to be so hostile about it haha. Its his picture, his vision. Who cares if he "used the wrong terminology"
It does have the Hdr look to it wether it is a single exposure or not, And imo it looks alot better than lots of the "real" hdr's some people post on here. I think it turned out pretty good.

As an action shot, its amazing! I'm not a fan of HDR but the shot itself is great!

Here's what I had in mind for the crop:

Sorry it dosn't do anthing for me, the bike is too static a slower shutter speed to give movement in the rear wheel would have been better

I might do some more work, but so far this is what i have. btw, the dust kicked up should show movement enough XD

CHASEHDRFINAL%20-%20Copy.jpg

dude, that is pretty amazing...is there anyway you would email me a small explanation of how you do this in PS, or what tutorials you used for reference? Great job!

dude, that is pretty amazing...is there anyway you would email me a small explanation of how you do this in PS, or what tutorials you used for reference? Great job!

i could be mistaken, but i think in the original post he mentions photomatix, which would def be the program to use for this.
i have a copy myselff, and it;s a very sweet program.

did you in fact use photomatix, inviticus?

i could be mistaken, but i think in the original post he mentions photomatix, which would def be the program to use for this.
i have a copy myselff, and it;s a very sweet program.

did you in fact use photomatix, inviticus?

I know he used an HDR program to merge the files, but when i've tried this I got no results like this!

I used photomatix, then in photoshop used the burn tool on different exposures and sizes to get rid of that stupid halo. Just use photomatix and play around with luminoscity, strenght, and such until you get desired results. also, black point has a big part to play in the outcome of the HDR.

cool!

much like D, i have not had great results with single pic HDRs...so i sorta gave up, and only do HDRs now when i know i can manually bracket (D40 doesnt offer that cool auto bracket feature).
nice to know it can be done!

And what it is is EDR.

Recently I said the word "irregardless" in conversation. I was corrected by an acquaintance, who tactfully told me the correct word is "regardless". I thanked her for letting me know. Cripes, all these years I was saying it improperly. :lol:

Anyway, it really is a great image and I'm looking forward to seeing the final version.

Jon

Edit: You may want to try a slightly different crop so the biker isn't dead center. I know this would remove some of the dirt spray, but it may improve the composition.

LMAO! HAVE YOU GUYS EVER SEEN THE MOVIE PUFF PUFF PASS? PEOPLE IN THE MOVIE RANDOMLY SAY IRREGARDLESS ..... ITS A GOOD FLIC, CHECK IT OUT :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back