Action shots.. I don't know how to edit them. Help.

Stilltime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted earlier about taking some action shots, and I got a few so-so ones, but I have no idea how to crop them. They're of the dogs jumping in the air, so how do I crop these so it keeps the dog's hight intact?

Feel free to mess around with them. Let me know what you did.

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

Crop to vertical, der.

3161333331_6761f38740_o.jpg

As stated above. You may want to consider zooming in on the dogs more when shooting like this.

Crop them much closer, but leave enough background to give perspective.

Here is one I took my first year in photography. We have a festival here every year and they always have the frisbee dogs so... This shot works because there is something grounding the dog near by something to judge the height of the jump.

1022046915_4da5d9674b.jpg

Crop them much closer, but leave enough background to give perspective.

agreed. but that would decrease the image quality... (oh well) you should have taken them closer in the first place, preferbly facing the dog's face

That frisbe dog is a cool shot. I was trying not to get run over, and got bowled over once. It was all about saving the camera. :lol: And with the sun getting low it was difficult, and I didn't want the trash cans in the back ground. And, and, and. I wanted him facing me, but for some reason he didn't jump that way, so they're all shots of his back. Poo.

ETA: the guy above me said it first, re; trying to get his face. I tried, but he wouldn't do it!

That frisbe dog is a cool shot. I was trying not to get run over, and got bowled over once. It was all about saving the camera. :lol: And with the sun getting low it was difficult, and I didn't want the trash cans in the back ground. And, and, and. I wanted him facing me, but for some reason he didn't jump that way, so they're all shots of his back. Poo.

ETA: the guy above me said it first, re; trying to get his face. I tried, but he wouldn't do it!

Dont sweat it really. Its hard to get dogs to cooperate (I have 4 I know all to well).

agreed. but that would decrease the image quality... (oh well) you should have taken them closer in the first place, preferbly facing the dog's face
Cropping does not decrease the image quality. The PPI remains the same. You are only discarding unwanted information. Your image size is smaller, but this is only important if you are printing in a large format.

Heya!

Try using Picasa to edit and crop photos. It's free and easy to use. Just Google it :)
Depending on your camera, I think you can zoom in on the photo while it's still on the camera. I do this and it still retains most of the quality (I have a Fujifilm).

Good luck! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back