Activating Photoshop CS

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just a quick question...I am trying to install a photoshop cs disk that a friend allowed me to borrow. I put the serial number in, but when it gets to the point of activation it won't allow me to activate. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? There are 3 different serial numbers, and I think I'm using the right one, so I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be helpful :) Thanks!!!

Nope...it completely installed on my computer. Then said I had to activate the product, and then when I go to do that it says that there is an error. But the error can be numerous things....I can use the product for 30 days w/o activating so I've got some time to figure it out, just not really sure what to do. How many computers are you allowed to install the software on???

Ah, if it's what I think it is, then you should have the crack on the disc. If I remember correctly, you have to move that crack to the Photoshop CS folder.

Kent Frost said:
Ah, if it's what I think it is, then you should have the crack on the disc. If I remember correctly, you have to move that crack to the Photoshop CS folder.

I'm not sure I'm following correctly, you'll have to excuse my computer illiteracy :lol: So do you mean that the serial # is located somewhere on the disk and I have to copy that file into the CS folder???

Another question it came with 6 disks, and the first two are installed....so is there something on the other disks that I need in order to activate?

If that's the crack I think it is not only is there the serial number but when you've got it all installed there's a couple of .DLL files you have to install.
Read the instructions, they should tell you what to do.

Problem is all I have is the cd's no manual or anything. I'm looking through the disks to see if they have instruction, but so far no luck. The weird thing is all the other programs that were installed...illustrator, image ready, etc, all work without the code, the only one that won't is photoshop...

So is this a naughty version of the program or a proper one? Cracking means breaking the registry so you get something for free normally.
They'd probably only let you install it on one computer so the only thing I can think of is that it's connecting to the Adobe server and seeing it's already been registered by someone. But I don't think Adobe work like that and they'd have to give you a few tries at registering. I'm thinking if you have to reinstall it on the same computer at any point or if you buy a new computer.
Sorry, I can't help without more info. What happens when you try to register?

It's a proper version, actually a student version. A friend in a class bought it and said I could install it. I just checked the Adobe website and it says that you can install it on up to 2 computers...so I guess what I need to find out is if y friend installed it on more than one :confused: Unless there's a way around it... It won't let me past the activation point to even attempt to register...

The student versions of most software only allow for one install to be peformed no matter if you are the legal owner or not. The key is specifically generated to only allow one install. Your friend used the key to rightfully install it, but now that they key has been used it's probably toasted. Therefore you cannot install it again using that key.

Also as Kent Frost has mentioned there are rumors that PhotoShopCS calls home, IE uses your internet connection to talk to adobe's servers, so if your using a cracked version there's a possibility that a fat bill might show up in your mail with a court date attached.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess it's just not supposed to happen then. I will now go and scour the internet for decent prices and start saving :) As long as I have it by next semester that's all that matters, b/c that's when graphic design begins :irked:

SLOShooter said:
If your a student, you should be able to purchase a student copy and not have to shell out the $675 right?

Yes but it's still about half of that...and since I just bought a new camera I can't really do that at the moment. I may look into getting a 50 dollar copy of elements from Best Buy since this fell through. Thanks for the help :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back