Adapter

YoungPic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am looking for a m42 adapter so i can use those lens' on my Pentax IST DL, i was just wondering is the mount on my IST DL refered to as a PK K mount?

I believe the designation for the digital SLRs is K-AF, but you don't need to worry - if the adapter is for K-mount, PK, PK-A or any variation on Pentax K, it will fit.

As for the adapter, my advice is to ignore the ebay ones and find a genuine Pentax one. There are two reasons for this: firstly, many of the ebay ones are badly designed and a common problem is adapters that don't allow infinity focus - the same applies to adapters for all camera mounts in fact so whether you want an adapter for M42 lenses on a Canon, Pentax or Minolta check whether the adapter allows infinity focus (in the case of Nikon none will, due to the spacing of the mount). Secondly, many of these are cheaply made, have sharp edges which can leave nasty scratches on the lens mount (and on you) and can be hard to get on or off. It may be only a small metal ring but still I'd suggest buying the genuine one instead of spending the time and money going through various cheap ones.

Most reactions

Back