Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello peoples,
Does anyone know if Adobe Bridge (CS2) supports Raw?

The raw files show up in my bridge but the thumbnail preview doesn't show up. :-( So I've been reduced to shooting raw+jpeg so I can preview my shots before I know if I want to edit it. Which actually isn't that bad, because my computer renders the jpeg preview a lot quicker than any other format... but it does chew up my memory card.

Have I simply put the raw plug-in in the wrong folder? or do they not preview in bridge?

Thanks for your help! :hug::

That is exactly the problem I'm having.

I'm just downloading the update to Adobe Bridge. I was using v1.0 and now there is v1.0.2. So we'll see if that step works. I will let you know what works for me. Thanks for the article!

:-( well nothing's worked.

I updated Bridge - now it's a lot faster but still no cr2 previews.
I then purged my cache and it still didn't work.
Then, checked where the plug in was... and it's where the next step told me to put it anyway. And it still didn't work :-(

I'll just have to do some crusing round some forums to try and find an answer.

After this thread I realized I had not updated bridge either but have to say the speed improvement made it worthwhile.

Sorry that your still having trouble with RAW files. Have you found a solution yet?

Isn't the faster bridge amazing!!?! I love it now. I never used to use bridge because it was so damn slow but I'm going to use it from now on.

No solution found yet. And the only thing google turns up is that adobe help page posted above. :-(

If you're using the Nikon Raw format though, you may find this interesting:
http://forums.robgalbraith.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=265823
May I suggest reading all the forum replies first before you try this. I dunno if it works for the canon cr2 raw format though. :-(
Before Windows XP SP2, a Microsoft-supplied default thumbnail extractor was used for any file which identified in the registry as having the perceived type "image".

In Windows XP SP2, this was restricted to images with known file extensions, such as JPG, TIF, TIFF, BMP, etc.

Because NEF files are valid TIFF/EP files, this thumbnail extractor is capable of extracting the thumbnail image, but because Nikon raw files have the extension NEF, the extractor no longer has the opportunity to do so.

Following is a fix for the problem of NEF thumbnails not being visible in Windows XP SP2.

D'oh. The Adobe Raw plug in was in the wrong folder all along. Duh!! I accidentally missed that it was supposed to go in the Common Files section.

So now my Raw thumbnails are showing up in Bridge.... BUT! They take so frikkin long to load. My computer just crashed before because it was taking so long and it just had too much to deal with. Hmmm... I'll see if I can get around it just by loading a certain type of preview - eg jpegs only first off and then once they're all loaded I can switch to the raw previews. Grrr... i really need to buy a better computer. :-(

Meysha said:
D'oh. The Adobe Raw plug in was in the wrong folder all along. Duh!! I accidentally missed that it was supposed to go in the Common Files section.

So now my Raw thumbnails are showing up in Bridge.... BUT! They take so frikkin long to load. My computer just crashed before because it was taking so long and it just had too much to deal with. Hmmm... I'll see if I can get around it just by loading a certain type of preview - eg jpegs only first off and then once they're all loaded I can switch to the raw previews. Grrr... i really need to buy a better computer. :-(

it may have been building the cache files. I Would expect that to be a one time thing. You also may benefit from increasing the size of the cache if you have an older computer. Somewhere in the options for bridge I saw where you could delete the cache and set the cache size. Try deleting what you have currently for a cache and the resize it. Then let the computer chew on it for a while building new cache files. After that things may start running smoother for you.

Yeah... it was automatically set to 1GB for the Raw Cache! :shock: And it takes about a full minute to process each new file now. :-( I'm thinking I'll just keep shooting Raw + Jpeg until I get a new computer. That way I can quickly preview the image and then edit the raw ones I want to.

Hmmm or maybe the canon software works a bit quicker than the Adobe Bridge. I'll have to try that out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back