Adobe Photoshop Help: Retouching and Clone Stamping

Tsimiri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a photo I took not so long ago of a friend, but there is one thing that is really bothering me about it. On the forehead above the eye, there is a strand of hair and try as I might I am having issues removing it.

The only method that I am aware of to do this kind of work is the clone stamp and then possibly the healing brush. However, I was having a really tough time with cohesive clone stamping because of her freckles. Any suggestions?

Any alterations made are welcome to be reposted.

Thanks!

-Fiona

Altered_Chin_b_w_Upload.jpg

i dont have Photoshop, but i figured i would give it a try with PaintShop Pro X. all i used was the clone tool and the scratch removal tool and came up with this.....

ef4dae25.jpg

after posting that edit, i noticed a spot i missed, so i touched that up a little too.

e0fda701.jpg

im sure theres someone here that can do this better, so hopefully one of the people here that has Photoshop, and is a lot better with it than i am, can help you more.

Thank you very much, what you did was still infinitely better than what I was coming up with. The freckles were killing me.

It looks great and thank you again,

-Fiona

Tsimiri said:
Thank you very much, what you did was still infinitely better than what I was coming up with. The freckles were killing me.

It looks great and thank you again,

-Fiona

youre welcome. :wink:

ive been meaning to practice using PaintShop more, and trying edits on other peoples photos is a better way for me to get practice. if i commit to the edit, i commit myself to posting it no matter how horrible i think it looks so i tend to try a lot harder than i do with my own. :lmao:

Haha that is an excellent policy and will certainly increase your skill quite rapidly. I might try that myself.

Try the patch tool. I've found it to be a lot better at retaining the normal grain/noise/freckle, etc... pattern/texture than the healing brush. I just started learning about it a few months ago, and now it's my new favorite tool! I'm cleaning up problems in minutes that used to take me hours.

Most reactions

Back