Adoption!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well... wouldn't you know it...

We have a new addition to our pet family! I spent Saturday afternoon in Jackson Hole (Wyoming) by the Animal Adoption Center where both I and my wife volunteered to take dogs out for a walk. Upon return though we became totally attached to the sweetest little kitty, two years old and extremely loving. Turns out he was left behind by some teenager that just packed and left town.

His name is Hobbes, as in Calvin and Hobbes and right now he is adjusting to his new home, where he'll have to put up with three other cats, a dog and, of course, us. So far so good...

Pictures to come soon.

good stuff Mitica.

I've been thinking about getting a cat myself, but i think my place might be a bit too small for one.

...and don't forget those pics!

John's last remark is the most important! :D

And congrats to the newest addition to the pet family! :D
I'd love to adopt yet another cat, if only our cat wasn't so neurotic around other cats ... we know nothing about her first six months, neither did the people who found her and who we got her from, other than that she was familiar with the litter box, indicating that she must have been with people and isn't some barn cat born out "in the wild".

Maybe our cat has been bullied hard in her early life?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your Hobbes to become accustomed to his new home really soon!!!

Oh yay congrats! And I agree, bring on the pictures!!

Yep, definitely pictures, especially of the first 'present' it decides to bring you :lol:

:lmao::lmao:

That already happened in the car, yesterday. Hobbes threw up on the floor, he had motion sickness I guess...

aww, congrats on the new baby, Dimitri! I'd love to see pictures of him.

Update:

Today is going to be the first time Hobbes will come face to face with the other three cats. Yesterday he only saw our dog, which he pretty much ignored (and so did the dog), which is good. It'll be interesting...

And pics will follow shortly. I promise.

Hmm... Hobbes does not like to see a camera! Especially flash cameras.

So I had to sneak and shoot a few with my wife's digital. Here they are:

Attachments

• $Hobbes01.jpg
    $Hobbes01.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 79
  • $Hobbes02.jpg
    $Hobbes02.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 122
Aww, what a sweet looking kitty. (And I love his name. :mrgreen:)

Congratulations! I've been volunteering at an animal shelter, and it's incredibly unbearable to see all of those homeless kittens.

Thanks Emma, yeah, he is a sweet one indeed!

Oh, BTW, I don't know if anyone congratulated you on your 1,000th post, so here it goes:

CONGRATS! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back