Ads with sound

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Those ads with sound are annoying. I understand the owners receive money for it, but meanwhile, I don't like to linger on a thread long enough to make a comment.

Oh, maybe that's the plan.

I'm not seeing any ads . . . wait . . . oh, my Ad Blocker is showing it grabbed seven of them; I bet that's where they went. :wink:

TPF does not control a lot of that.

My recommendation is to install a Ad Blocker browser extension

TPF doesn't pick all the ads it displays on the site, but it can pick the ads it does NOT want on the site. I'm sure the administrator is familiar with the Google Adsense feature: [url="https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/164657?hl=en]Block ads from specific websites[/url] Other ad vendors have similar options.

I manage and/or own a couple of forums and it is hard work. It's also expensive. Ads help pay for the time and overhead, just like any business incurs. I can't do anything about my members and visitors use of ad blocking addons, but I don't allow them to promote their use on my forums (I am not suggesting TPF do that, only say that's what I do on mine). If a website makes navigating and enjoying content so difficult because of all the advertising, then I just never go back to that website. It's pretty rare to find a website that is that offensive in my every-day surfing habits. In my 22 years online, I've never found it necessary to use ad blocking software. I certainly see no reason to use it here on TPF - they have fewer ads than I have on either of my forums.

This is a pretty good forum. I've gotten valuable information and feedback. I've clicked an ad or 3 to show my support when I am shopping (do NOT click ads unless you are shopping - that doesn't help). I hope you will consider turning your ad blocking plugin off to see that this site does not inundate the visitor with offensive advertising. If one of those audio ads appears, or any other ad offends you, report it to the administration. Be sure to tell them what the ad is for or, if you know, what website it leads to. That can be very helpful to the site owners and I'm sure they will give it great consideration and block it if they feel it is in the best interests of their members. After all, there's plenty of other ads in the sea. ;)

Best R'gards,

Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back