Advice?

Callielee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
HI! I have been taking pics since as long as i can remember....since i could hold a camera! i took a couple photography classes in college as well... but i recently just got back in to pursuing my love of photography and bought a Nikon D60... does anyone have any suggestions on getting used to this camera and figuring out how everything on it works?? :lol: thanks

HI! I have been taking pics since as long as i can remember....since i could hold a camera! i took a couple photography classes in college as well... but i recently just got back in to pursuing my love of photography and bought a Nikon D60... does anyone have any suggestions on getting used to this camera and figuring out how everything on it works?? :lol: thanks

Step 1. Read the manual.
Step 2. Go out and apply what you learned.
Step 3. Post up your results here for C&C.
Step 4. Go out and apply what you learned.

Repeat these steps as needed.

p!nK

Learn how to use the Quick Settings display on the back LCD. Page 48 of the users manual.

How serious do you want to get about photography?

To get the most out of the camera you have to be the one running it, not relying on the automatic shooting modes.

That means you need an understanding of the differences between the cameras 3 light metering modes: spot, center-weighted, and matrix.

You also need a good understanding of the cameras auto focus modes: Single and continuous, and the focus area modes.

That knowledge coupled with a good understanding of the Exposure triad: Shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, and Depth-Of-Field (DOF) will start you well on the way to technically understanding how photography works.

A good knowledge of the artistic aspects like visual composition and lighting and you'll be on your way.

You might get some usable info from this blog: http://kharrodphotography.blogspot.com/2009_03_22_archive.html

Last edited:
Thank you very much! i hope that all helps! i need to just get out and start using it more and get used to all it does! i would like to become pretty seriously in to photography but I also have to find the time! i try sometimes it just doesnt work too well

Ty for the tips!
Callie

Thank you very much! i hope that all helps! i need to just get out and start using it more and get used to all it does! i would like to become pretty seriously in to photography but I also have to find the time! i try sometimes it just doesnt work too well

Ty for the tips!
Callie

Those are both very tenuous responses.
Either you are afraid of the camera, or not happy with the recent results, or who knows.

Once you start saying I am serious about....
and
I am making time to...

Then you will instinctively help yourself to become better, one step at a time

Good luck and get going :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back