Affinity Photo

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looks like quite a nice alternative to Photoshop. Whether I'll download it, I'm not sure. I'd feel like I was having an affair!

I saw it and watched the video yesterday. I wasn't where I could download it, and it slipped my mind, but I'm not sure if I will or not.

Looks like quite a nice alternative to Photoshop. Whether I'll download it, I'm not sure. I'd feel like I was having an affair!

That is an affair I would be willing to have. I wouldn't even be discreet about it.

I'm always in favor of giving Adobe the finger. I will check it out.

You and me both!

I started using Affinity and for the money, I believe it to be a good value. The one nice think I like about Affinity is the video tutorials. I've never used Lightroom but I'm not a fan of subscription based software; hence my decision to Affinity. I say - give it a try as the only thing you have to lose is time but you'll gain knowledge. A fair trade.

Please bear in mind that I'm a noob at both Affinity and Photography. I took pictures for a news paper about 35 years ago and decided I wanted a new hobby, although I forgot just how expensive a hobby can become. I received my camera gear last week and I started taking my first pictures - June 24 2017. And now I'm sucking the internet dry of valuable information.

Even though this is a 2 year old thread, I have been using Affinity since it came out. The current version is 1.5.2, and I use it quite a bit. It is probably the best piece of software and comes very close to being a complete Photoshop replacement. It's not quite there yet, but for most users it is all that they need. Certainly much better than Photoshop Express and the other similar stripped down pieces of software. If someone is looking for a good graphics design software Affinity Designer gives Adobe Illustrator a run for its money again at a great price.

I've been using Affinity since it came out for Windows. I also have a Photoshop subscription which I've had since the CC versions came out and I have to say I always open Affinity for my editing work. Photoshop and Lightroom haven't been used since I transitioned. I liked it so much that I've even given in to my hatred of Apple and bought the iPad Pro just so that I can use their newly released iOS version.

Using both side by side you'll find that Affinity has a less destructive workflow, you can also preview the effects of things like brushes before you've actually painted the stroke and you access to things like Frequency Separation tools which have to be done with a very manual process in Photoshop. That's just scratching the surface...

I also like Affinity for Windows. It does much, much more than the ever popular Lightroom except, of course, for the cataloging. It doesn't do that. I still use my ancient version of Photoshop for my web site images because it is simply faster than anything else by a long shot, including the current version of Photoshop which I don't like at all. I have most of the major editing programs here and have used them all but I always seem to use the old Photoshop and Affinity. Nothing will cure my hatred of Apple. :)

I've been using Affinity since it came out for Windows. I also have a Photoshop subscription which I've had since the CC versions came out and I have to say I always open Affinity for my editing work. Photoshop and Lightroom haven't been used since I transitioned. I liked it so much that I've even given in to my hatred of Apple and bought the iPad Pro just so that I can use their newly released iOS version.

Using both side by side you'll find that Affinity has a less destructive workflow, you can also preview the effects of things like brushes before you've actually painted the stroke and you access to things like Frequency Separation tools which have to be done with a very manual process in Photoshop. That's just scratching the surface...
I am seriously considering getting Affinity Photo for my iPad Pro.
The Adobe Photoshop Express, Mix and Fix are complete rubbish for the level of editing I want to do.
Sure they try to make it easier but it lacks the layers and the workflow that I try to do.

Is the switch over from Photoshop to Affinity doable? Will it do my head in to run two different software. One for my desktop and one on the road?

I am seriously considering getting Affinity Photo for my iPad Pro.
The Adobe Photoshop Express, Mix and Fix are complete rubbish for the level of editing I want to do.
Sure they try to make it easier but it lacks the layers and the workflow that I try to do.

Is the switch over from Photoshop to Affinity doable? Will it do my head in to run two different software. One for my desktop and one on the road?

Affinity is to a large extent a PS clone. If you use PS you'll adjust pretty quickly to Affinity. Caveat: that's for editing RGB images. Affinity is very good and indeed a real bargain as an editor for RGB images. Raw file processing is another matter and Affinity enforces a destructive workflow for raw processing by not saving your raw editing work.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back