After a few days of early mornings laying in the grass Success!

Nice captures. What's going on with the bokeh 1 & 2? Looks strange

Thank you.
I've noticed with the 500mm if I get just the right (or wrong) settings with the right background (like this case) it creates a weird effect like 1&2.

Good gets! Glad your sleep deprivation was not in vain.

Nice Set.I have got that before on the sig 150-600mm I don't know if something to do with reflectiveness and how the light comes through the lens but it only seems to happen similar to your shots like with the grass when there is not enough separation from subject to background with some foliage

Good gets! Glad your sleep deprivation was not in vain.
Thank you. Sleep is over rated. lol

Nice Set.I have got that before on the sig 150-600mm I don't know if something to do with reflectiveness and how the light comes through the lens but it only seems to happen similar to your shots like with the grass when there is not enough separation from subject to background with some foliage
Thank you.
Agree it has to be a weird speckled/reflective background.

Very nice set and congrats on getting the shot. You have a lot more patience than I do.

Nice captures. What's going on with the bokeh 1 & 2? Looks strange
Just 3 minutes of Photoshop goofing around with 'blur' filter. Not a good effort but it suggest a possibility of blurring out the odd artifacts?

Dunno, just thought I'd see. Maybe too '3-D' looking. Would DEFINITELY take more time/effort than I put in to have a useable final product. Edges of the selected area are harsh and look at the greenery to the right. But I think you see where I was headed...
rail.jpg

Nice shots
Thank you.

Very nice set and congrats on getting the shot. You have a lot more patience than I do.
Thank you.
I have patience if I know there's a chance I'll get the shot.

Just 3 minutes of Photoshop goofing around with 'blur' filter. Not a good effort but it suggest a possibility of blurring out the odd artifacts?
I see where you're going. It doesn't bother me enough to put the time into it.

Very nice set! I know you worked for and are proud of the rail shots ,but my favorite is the herons.

Glad you finally got it, and they look great!
Now what are you going after?

Thank you.
I still need to find the Bittern again for Jr. He comes home Monday or Tuesday. Then I think I'll just shoot what I see for a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back