Air Mobile 'revised'

bnz506

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Oldy... Decided to give this shot life again with a little help from CS2 so enjoy. I was going to make a thiner version of this my signature when I first signed up on these forums but found out that was a no, no. Some of you may have seen this before I removed it (I think big mike and corry?)

Shot with a disposable camera in South Korea '04'. This was an Air Mobile training mission.

It was awful I was among the first group to touch down at the destination to secure the area until the whole company got there. It wouldnt have been too bad if we were moving but we were pulling security for 3 hours in below freezing temperature (or maybe just really cold wind) I remember my whole body going numb from lying on the ground.

Once we got moving it wasnt too bad except for the walking through these rice patty fields which had maybe a two inch layer of water on top of the fertilizer (why oh why was it not frozen?) which made it muddy and it smelt of poop literally horrible horrible poop. That smell only got worst the morning after the mission when the sun came up and warmed up the boots on our feets MMmmm (cleaning it 2 days later was no treat either).

usethisea5.jpg

That is an absolutly fantastic image. What kind of film was it shot on?

Great image

Yep, now that you mention it, I do seem to remember this...and I like it. :) Love the treatment you gave it, too.

Brilliant photograph! I can see it in a Nat Geo article!

Perhaps the water didn't freeze because it had dissolved solids in it, maybe from the fertilizer. That lowers the freezing point... like adding salt.

why isnt that allowed for a signature?

The original one was huge as well. I couldnt make it fit the proper signature size with out cutting off too much of the image.

Thank you all for leaving comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back