Aircraft and Aviation Theme

Not sure what the planes are !

2zzn47r.jpg

Red Arrows

2mct5ap.jpg

11lk5t1.jpg

(Could also have gone into "Mirror Fun or Reflections" ;-) )

15663836546_e043fc9a31_o.jpg

Patty Wagstaff low pass in her Extra 300S a couple weeks ago.

Here's a series of shots I got during the practice day for a small local airshow.

1. Rob Holland and his MX-s.
Rob%2520vertical%2520slide_2.jpg

2. Rob Holland again immediately after takeoff. This was a quick draw shot. I was using my Tarmon 70-300 VC lens, and the lens was set at 300mm for something else I was shooting a few minutes prior. I was standing out fairly close to the runway, but was unaware that Rob was taking off as the runway disappears behind a small hill where they start their takeoff roll. When he came over the top of the hill he was off the ground and moving fast. He immediately rolled inverted once he was high enough to not strike the wing, and I was barely able to get my camera up to snap this shot before his wingtip passed a mere 15' over my head.
Rob%2520inverted%2520TO.jpg

3. High speed pass of a beautiful Pitts S-2B (owned by the airport) doing a high speed pass.
Pitts%2520Special%2520high%2520speed%2520pass.jpg

4. This particular aircraft is based out of an airport only a few miles from the town I grew up in as is the pilot. These are some of the last airshow photo's of this particular airplane as it met with an unfortunate accident back in April of this year and crashed when the engine caught fire on final approach during a practice flight. The pilot jumped out, and parachuted to safety ending up entangled in a 40' high tree where the fire department rescued him. He now has a new plane of the same type, but different paint scheme.
DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

6. Some of Rob Hollands achievements on the tail of the MX-s (RH for Rob Holland) An official designation of the aircraft by MX-s as it is a custom built plane for Rob.
MXS%2520tail.jpg

Thunderbirds at the Barksdale air show 2012.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420123190249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420123190249.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 138
More of a sunrise really,but there was an aircraft so...

Sunrise by jaomul, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back