Airshow Mystery

Crazymainer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok Guys,

heres one for you all to try to ID.

KN004034.jpg

AIRC and Scott you two are barred because one of you were with me and the other know to much :lol:

Good Luck.

PS: Extra-Cookies if anyone can ID the type of Plane and where it was from

My 11-year-old daughter's spontaneous answer to this is: That's an aircraft turbine.

So?
Is it?

hmm surely an aricraft turbine wud b too obvious...a large swirling vortex maybe? send cookies now please :p

I think that it is an air-screw (propeller - I don't know how to call it) made on a long exposure... :D or maybe not so long if it was going really fast.

Ah,

Everyone is so close, yes its part of a Turbin put what is the actual name of the part.

Mentos_007 No I didn't shot it on a long exposure I took it right after it was done spoil down.

Here is a hint take alook at it real hard and remmeber what happen to the Soiux City Falls United Airlines crash. this is one of the three items that failed.

Cheers

AirVenturer,

You got the first part right its the front Maint Turbon Fan assembly blades, Since I know you've been to a few Airshows heres a clue for you its a USAF bird and this one was on display at Oshkosh this Year.

Its not a fighter but you were close with the DC-10, hint think about Civi birds that are used by the USAF.

Cheers

KC-10? I can't remember if there was one at Oshkosh this year. There has been in the past. I know for sure there was the C-5. But of course there is no civilian version of it...cool if there was!

Galaxy3.jpg

-Brett :)

Doh! I found this thread too late.

I really must give up on real life and spend more time on the internet :lol:

So the component part has been identified,, or has it?

Is it a fan or a compressor? High bypass or low?

Oh Ant,

You Devilish Guy your just toying with me as for Airadventure you are SOOOOO Close with KC-10 now think about the KC-10 and if you were at this Years Oshkosh then the mystere plane was near the KC-10.

Ant yes its a Compression Fan but which type you guys over in the UK have this engine on your VIP birds.

Cheers

Use them on our VIP birds eh? hmmm.

that would be the BAE 146. So we're looking at an Avco Lycoming ALF502R engine are we?

AFAIK the only other aircraft to use these is the Canadair Challenger. But I didn't think the USAF had any, so I'm a bit confused. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back