Alexa - Her first modeling session

Old thread sorry :p . Love the 1st pic , love the 9th pic.

Great pics, beautiful model... I think 4 could maybe use a tighter crop? The sign on the stairs is alittle distracting.

Amazing work the pictures look like shes right there in front of me. Good job with composure. I wish I could photograph people like that I guess its just not my thing

She is beautiful!!!

Look cool in most photos but smile unnaturally eg photo no.8:sexywink:

Wow, this thread is oooold. Why do people dig up this stuff?

Did you do any softening of her skin? It looks suspiciously smooth. –.–

I think the lighting is just a wee flat in #6 for my taste. Doesn't really reveal the 3D form of her face too well, but...I'm being picky, and that's just my preference. Great work overall.

As for the model: Meh. You can all call me crazy but...meh. See girls like this all the time in fashion and glamour magazines.

Good job dealing with the midday sun.

I will only comment on the last 2 images in that they are great examples of the 2 different styles of Bikini Photography.

Typically bikini photos are intended for publication and or use in catalogs and such they are created with with a specific audience in mind. In most case the predominant audience will be either male (mens magazines Maxim, SI, American Curves, posters etc.) or female (catalogs, womens and fitness magazines etc)

While the male audience will indeed like both poses the more open legged, crotch to the front is a typical pose in the male world albeit in most mens mags she would have had he knees a bit wider. This shall we call it full frontal pose is rarely seen when the key audience is female.

The female audience is far more likely to see poses that are more angular (feminine) with hips and shoulders rotated closing off the crotch and presenting a bit more silhouette.

So one should always keep in mind the intended audience when working with bikini models. If you happen to be shooting for a product catalog and return to a client with a bunch of full frontal shots the client is likely to be disappointed in the shoot even if it is technically perfect simply because it won't be as effective in reaching the target demographic.

Most reactions

Back