Alien wilderness - C&C please

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have taken a lot of shots of lichen similar to this one. I am not sure I am completely happy with the pp so I wanted to get some opinions before I move on to the other ones. I wish I could say what I am not happy with but I can't pinpoint it. Hoping another set of eyes will help.

Alien wilderness by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Love the colors and structures. My only negative is the shallow DOF. This is one of those situations that stack focusing would really shine.

Hmmm...I don't know why you don't like it Brent. The colors scream " Christmas".

I am not not happy with it. Just seems I could do a bit better in the processing but can't put my finger on what is actually bothering me.

Love the colors and structures. My only negative is the shallow DOF. This is one of those situations that stack focusing would really shine.

Yeah I would have loved to have focus stacked this. I was in such an awkward position taking these shots that I couldn't do it. I just wanted to make sure I got the British Soldiers in focus. I have some better shots but was just using this one to get my processing right for the others. When I go back next year to this spot I'll bring a tripod and set myself up better and also focus stack.

year to this spot I'll bring a tripod and set myself up better and also focus stack.

I don't do a lot of them but when I do I really like the little four way rail I got on eBay for cheap. For a large number of images I'm not sure that it would have the precision but for the occasional half dozen stack it's great.

year to this spot I'll bring a tripod and set myself up better and also focus stack.

I don't do a lot of them but when I do I really like the little four way rail I got on eBay for cheap. For a large number of images I'm not sure that it would have the precision but for the occasional half dozen stack it's great.

My camera does in camera focus bracketing, no need for a rail. :) I can even do it hand held.

Most reactions

Back