Allright, Need some BIG feedback here...

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres the deal. I have a very old southern grandmother named Ma Maw. I took a picture of her at the last family party. It was before I started shooting RAW and the end result is a good capture with a bad, blue halo exposure jpeg. My challange to you is to fix it, please!! I have converted it to a sepia type image to get rid of the bad backlighting, but i have to put this up for my mother in law to respond to. I really don't want to offend...

Here is the one i shot

1399712946_7bcd2b34b5.jpg

And here is the one i made...
1398822151_6ceea819ce.jpg

Please either edit or offer opinions.....

I like B&W for the elderly, just seems right to me. Perhaps boost the contrast and lower the brightness.

1399712946_7bcd2b34b5_edited-1.jpg

Tkis really isn't my bag, but.....

I like B&W for the elderly, just seems right to me. Perhaps boost the contrast and lower the brightness.

1399712946_7bcd2b34b5_edited-1.jpg

Tkis really isn't my bag, but.....

Alright, I like BW better than the sepia and am agreeable to the no color thing. However how can we make her teeth whiter? Is that possible?

if it's in black and white...her teeth look white enough as it is. If you boost the contrast a tad, it'll probably make them look whiter.

I wouldn't change anything, she looks fabulous, natural, thats a hell of a smile btw...:D
If you dont like the colour, the sepia is the most.....attractive
The B/W's are a little unforgiving..

I wouldn't change anything, she looks fabulous, natural, thats a hell of a smile btw...:D
If you dont like the colour, the sepia is the most.....attractive
The B/W's are a little unforgiving..

Hehe, well i can't leave it natural. It gives a whole new meaning to the term blue hair...

Alright, I like BW better than the sepia and am agreeable to the no color thing. However how can we make her teeth whiter? Is that possible?

If you have Photoshop you can use the dodge tool to whiten her teeth.

Ma%20Maw.jpg

i cant see the pics.. it says the photos are not available

I used the sponge tool in photoshop and desaturated it... its already gray for the most part ;) so I figured the only color to be sucked out was the blue. I hope I helped :)

Most reactions

Back