Aloha, I'm another noob...

cassandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I'm here because I've decided the next step I would like to take is to sell my photography, and to be honest.. I'm kind of freaking out about it. Joining the forum made sense because that way I can look around at what's already posted to see what advice has been offered to others, and hopefully gain some insight that way.
Also, as much as I love photography, so far I've been limited to very basic methods, so maybe now I can educate myself on the finer details!

Basically I'm going to be lurking quite a bit, but hopefully that's alright :)

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay. You may come across some A holes once in a while, but don't mind them. They just think they are better then others. Again welcome and feel free to ask what ever you want. Oh yea almost forgot it would be nice to see some of your photos. i personally like seeing peoples work. so Post them up :)

Last edited:
Haha no worries, I'm on two other forums and I've had my share of a-holes before! I can't be on here too long atm, but when I come back I will likely post a few of my favorites, I'm working on a website now and still sorting the good from the bad...

Wow, I was just saying on another thread that I've learned way more here from lurking than I have from posting. What a breath of fresh air to have a new member with the same attitude!

There is a wealth of really good information on TPF, but yeah don't be shy about posting your own stuff once in a while too. :)

Welcome!

Welcome and good luck, everyone on here is kind of a douche :p

Seriously though, C&Cs on here usually have pretty helpful responses and can definitely improve your photography. If I can suggest other forums too, the rangefinderforum.com is awesome for having a bunch of old hardened Leica groupies give you gruff about the photos you post. Usually they are a bunch of class-act folks though.

Cheers.

Finding someone to shoot with is on my to-do list... unfortunately, there are several things on it that must come first. I'd love to have the experience, even though photography has always been "alone time" for me haha.

And I'll admit, this is my first time getting someone to critique my work that I haven't known at least somewhat beforehand... So it should be interesting. I guess it would be a good idea to make a thread somewhere besides introductions for that.

It seems I can't upload attachments (yet?), and I also cannot use the image upload tool that shows up in the reply box. Sooo... I guess I need to join Flickr or Photobucket.

It seems I can't upload attachments (yet?), and I also cannot use the image upload tool that shows up in the reply box. Sooo... I guess I need to join Flickr or Photobucket.

Yeah you can't actually upload photos to the site unless you become a paying member. Most of us here use Flickr, Photobucket, or Picasa - then you just use the image tool and select the "From URL" tab and uncheck the box that says, "Retrieve remote file and reference locally."

Time to test, I suppose.

Edit: And success! I'm off to post now, thank you :)

Nice Cassandra.. this image just need little tweaking. I suggest you change the setting on your account to "It is ok to edit my photo" so you can learn.

Time to test, I suppose.

Edit: And success! I'm off to post now, thank you :)

Is it not possible for someone to simply tell me in words what they think would be an improvement?

And I've posted a few more in the Nature & Wildlife forum, if you're interested in giving more feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back