alright i did it with the moon let me know what ya think.

Very nice! My only slight comment is maybe you could sharpen them up just a bit in Photoshop or Gimp? Very nice and detailed though, good work!

Ironic though, I took my first moon shots just this morning. Haven't even taken them off of the camera yet!

i didnt think they were that bad without a tripod. how do i sharpen them in photoshop i have it but dont know how to use it.

I guess it would depend on the version you have, I have CS3 Extended (the newest version) but there should be a filters menu, and under that there will be a sharpen submenu. Just play with the stuff in there, and it should (might!) help out. Don't overdo it though, too much sharpening can ruin a perfectly good image.

And yes, considering those are hand held shots, they are excellent. Does your setup include vibration reduction lens of any sort?

yea but u know what come to think of it i didnt even turn it on.

Then even better! Haha. I used the 55-200mm Nikkor with VR on my shots this morning, but I had VR on. I was using a quick enough shutter speed that it MAY not have mattered, but it definitely helped stabilize the image view to line up the shot appropriately.

they were all 1/100 to 1/160 shutter speeds with various f stop's

what kind of lenses is everyone using for moon shots? I have the 55-200 VR and it seems to not have near enough zoom for good moon shots

Most reactions

Back