Alternative for the Chimera Light bank (lighting cars)

I wrote a PM. The Hensel Autolight might be an alternative. I think this chimera is a little large for your studio size. There is a smaller option though.

I used to use a surplus WWII parachute canopy to shoot cars which I used as a sort of light tent. I would rent some additional strobes to complement what I had. I think I paid about $30 for the canopy.

DIY:

Customize to the size you need.

Thank you all for the great answers. I wonder what type of LED lights they are using in that studio?
Is it a necessity to have an infinity studio equally lighted as it is with a chroma-key or is it not of crucial importance?

DIY:

Customize to the size you need.

Thank you all for the great answers. I wonder what type of LED lights they are using in that studio?
Is it a necessity to have an infinity studio equally lighted as it is with a chroma-key or is it not of crucial importance?

Are you using it for video/film too? Then YES. If not, then you can light it more locally just as you need beause you don´t always want it to be evenly lit. There are multiple ways to light a cyc evenly for video. Chimera has some lantern lights.
I have used asymmetrical quarz lights back then from Strand - I read they were the best you can use for lighting a cyc and were lucky enough to get them used. They were 1.000W each and really hot. Nowadays LED sure is better even though you have a hard time getting enough power.

yeah, that screams for a DIY project for pennies on the dollar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back