Always Rushing By

BPetrafassi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
NY+blur.jpg

I'm not sure if I completely like it or not.
I want to know how you feel about it.

Yeah I agree, when I took the picture, I had no intention of doing anything to it.
But the regular photo looked bland to me

Yeah, not feeling the tilt. I predict you're going to hear that quite a bit with this image.

I do like what appears to be a desaturation (the way it looks to me at least).

I understand why a lot of people don't like the tilt....BUT...I've always had something with tilt. To me it just puts a regular picture at a different vantage point. Sometimes that can be a good thing or a bad thing. In this case, I like it.

Yeah, there are always times and places for every technique. It just boils down to what the viewer gets from it.

Not feeling the tilt either...and the filter effect is not quite enough to elevate this shot to the level of successful photo. I DO like the color palette--it has a sort of faded, 1970's-era Ektachrome look to it. The filter effect, the blurring, looks "post" , and not "authentic" or in-camera, and as such, comes off to me as a bit gimmicky. What bugs me the most is the cut-off feet of the two figures at the center foreground area--that bugs me, and their large size in relation to the background people makes this look like a random wide-angle snap done on the street,and then sort of messed around with in post. I stopped by your flickr and looked around, and I think you'll soon be turning out better work with more refinement.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back