Am I starting to get it?

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been working really hard on composition, posing, lighting, flash, no flash, shadows, white balance, exposure, egad! It's freaking hard isn't it?

This my 4th "studio" shoot. I took the pictures last night and fell in love with these little girls. I can't wait to process the rest of them, but I wanted to see if yall thought I am doing better and what else to watch for in the future.

First shoot:
http://www.lyncca.smugmug.com/gallery/4595103_GuBF5#271108175_HpAPp
(with a TON of post processing)

Fourth shoot:
2532519139_9da6254909_o.jpg

2532519037_80007aeb1a_o.jpg

Looks really good to me. Well done.

I love both shots! Nice lighting, esp the second shot. Those two are gonna break some hearts in 10 years. :)

I know I'm a noob here, but I like them! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! I'm so happy y'all like them! This was my first time to use my flash off of my camera. Fun stuff!

I'm getting more comfortable instructing and noticing little things like resting their head too heavy on their hands, blocking eachothers faces, etc.

These kids are definitely going to be heartbreakers. They are absolutely hilarious, I have a ton of out-takes that I think are going to be just as cute as the "posed" shots.

I can't wait until their Mom sees them!

The first one is perfect, just adorable! The second is very nice as well but in my opinion the lighting seems a tad harsh and maybe the WB off a bit. But you're doing excellent!

Very nice
Love the first one!

The first one is perfect, just adorable! The second is very nice as well but in my opinion the lighting seems a tad harsh and maybe the WB off a bit. But you're doing excellent!

Hmm, yea, I think you are right. It looks a little yellowish. I will rework the RAW.

I showed their Mom the pics last night and she was absolutely thrilled. Here are some more.... (I didn't completely post-process all of them until she makes her pics)...

303642678_J967i-L.jpg

303641856_5AD3p-L.jpg

303646269_PYEdp-L.jpg

303645801_vJakp-L.jpg

303648683_kkp9a-L.jpg

303649628_UKvEb-L.jpg

7. A bit of a shadow behind Carrie, but beautiful expressions. I will probably finish the postwork on this one to brighten eyes, etc.

303650440_cKASJ-L.jpg

These photos look over processed to me and that's usually when you start running into color and printing problems. Also I think when you're a beginner you shouldn't put large logos all over your work, and actually starting your business before you have any experience is hurting photography as a whole. Your posing, composition and other elements show that you have a great eye but you clearly need more training before you can call yourself a professional. Remember that processed photos look processed even to the customers who you think don't know the difference. Try taking some college courses or working for a studio to gain all the skills you need (you will learn a lot faster than on your own).

Lyncca, I LOVE your photos. Keep up the great work and don't listen to comments like the one above mine. I don't know who this guy thinks he is... :lol:

Most reactions

Back