Am I too old for this?

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Collected my new Canon 40D today - an expensive trip as got a puncture on the Volvo D5 - not cheap to replace tyre. Arrived home and loaded up the canon software to find some seems to be in Japanese in spite of choosing UK and then found that thers seems not plug-in for CS2 for the D40.

Tried the Canon software - takes and age to process after Photoshop and ended up batch converting to .dng files. Now to try in the light of day to match the instruction booklet with the real thing! One bonus looks as if at iso1600 about the same noise as iso400 on the 350D, so fingers crossed.

Anyone know if CS2 is going to get a plug-in for D40 RAW files?

It definitely works, you'll need to put in the newest ARC - Adobe Raw Converter version

I had the latest update installed and have checked the list of cameras and the 40D is not on yet. Dragging the folder from the card directly on to the latest DMG converter works quite quickly and I can take them into CS2 to do the RAW conversion.

Kind Sir,
If you are indeed feeling a bit long-in-tooth for this game, as a fellow 40Der of a certain vintage myself I'd be happy to relieve you of the lens I see in your avatar. As it happens I'll probably be passing near Ely on the way to Duxford in a week or so (how exactly to I get there from Central London BTW?), and could easily do you the favor then.

Since I'm an impoverished yank bearing the vanishing $, you understand that the terms will have to be extremely favorable - from my point of view.
Thanking you in advance,
Charles.
p.s. if you will own a Volvo, whadya expect?:lol:

Most reactions

Back