Amazed by the Honesty of a Client

thenikonguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just totally wowed by one of my recent clients. I had an e:session in June, shot some great photos for the couple, put the photos on smugmug for them to order, and it seemed like they werent ordering anything, so I contacted them, to find out what was up, and the response was "they are all so good, we are having a hard time picking which ones to order.." always a good thing to hear.

Well, I just received a call from the same client, who sounded very sad... I got scared that maybe the prints turned out bad or something.. but he said "i need to appoligize, we gave one of our 5x7's to one of our friends, and they scanned it, and blew it up to an 8x10, which we know they aren't suppose to do, and we want to pay you for what they did" so, they are coming to my place tomorrow with a check for the balance of their wedding, and an extra $50 for the 8x10 that was made by their friend.

I was so totally shocked by their honesty.. I guess I wanted to share it here, just to let you guys know that there are people out there who understand our costs, and don't want to rip us off.

Unreal. There are some good people left in this world.

I'd give 'em a coupon for $50 off their next session.

weird, I was JUST thinking the same thing, then I come here, and someone has made the suggestion!

it says "thanks for the honesty" but it also says "come back again"

Every once in a while you get a customer that is great. Generally they're people who are or have been in business for themselves, but not always.

It is always nice to get them.

wow thats awesome, and the coupon is also a great idea.
they are a great client, and not only value your work but ethics too.
good on them for their honesty, and good on you for providing a great product.

I couldnt name one person that would do that! And you met two! Thats crazy someone would do that, but at least they arent ripping you off!

With all the bad, sad and horror stories that are posted, its great to hear a good one. Thanks for taking the time to post it up!

And I totally agree, giving them a $50 coupon would be a great idea!

point 1 - congrats, always good to have feedback like that.
point 2 - WOW never heard one like that before. When they arrive, give them a glass of bubbly.

I couldnt name one person that would do that! And you met two! Thats crazy someone would do that, but at least they arent ripping you off!

Wow. If I understand this correctly, it means you don't know a single honest person. Sad.

:thumbup: on the coupon idea.

With all the bad, sad and horror stories that are posted, its great to hear a good one. Thanks for taking the time to post it up!!

thats the reason I posted it.. I've read so many sad stories on here of people getting screwed, so I just wanted to share a positive experience, with some great honest people.

Is this a "i don't get it" huh, or a "huh.. good to see honest people" huh?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back