Amazon Best Sellers shows D750 in 1st place, D810 in 14th place, 7DII in 25th place

ruifo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just crosses with this data, from Amazon.com and its best sellers for DSLR, that is updated hourly. This is the data for 25-Sep-2014, by 03am UTC.

Source:
Amazon Best Sellers: Best DSLR Cameras

1. Nikon D750 (body only)
2. Canon EOS Rebel T3i (with kit lens)
3. Nikon D3300 (with kit lens)
4. Nikon D3100 (with kit lens)
5. Canon EOS Rebel T5i (with kit lens)
6. Canon EOS 60D (body only)
7. Canon EOS 70D (body only)
8. Canon EOS Rebel T5 (with kit lens)
9. Canon EOS Rebel T3 (with kit lens)
10. Nikon D7100 (with kit lens)
11. Canon EOS 70D (with kit lens)
12. Canon 5D Mark III (body only)
13. Nikon D5300 (with 18-55 kit lens)
14. Nikon D810 (body only)
15. Canon 6D (body only)
16. Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (with kit lens)
17. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 (with kit lens)
18. Nikon D5200 (with kit lens)
19. Nikon D5200 (body only)
20. Canon EOS Rebel T3i (body only)
21. Canon 6D (with kit lens)
22. Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4K (body only)
23. Nikon D5300 (body only)
24. D5300 (with 18-140 kit lens)
25. Canon 7D Mark II (body only)
(...)

I know it's too early, and this post is NOT for fun or to make any argument between Canon and Nikon. But does that mean, in such early stage, that the market for "sports" full frame is larger than the markert for a cropped sensor sports DSLR? Even with the FPS differences? Is that the reason why Nikon has been delaying so much the launch of a replacement for the D300S?

And the more expensive D810 sells is still behind the 5D Mark III. Does that mean that Canon will still be conservative to a possible launch of a high resolution full frame sensor to compete with the 36MPix D810?

Again, I know it's too soon. I know Amazon is NOT the ultimate market source for DSLR at all. I don't intend any dispute between Canon and Nikon. But I found this interesting as food for thought.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No. It does not mean "that the market for "sports" full frame is larger than the markert for a cropped sensor sports DSLR."

Only looking at Amazon.com and then only looking at stats for a 1 hour period is to small a sampling for gauging worldwide market demand.

And... how many units are we talking about? If #1 has sold 10,000 units, and #10 has sold 9,985 units, the actual positioning isn't really relevant.

Only looking at Amazon.com and then only looking at stats for a 1 hour period is to small a sampling for gauging worldwide market demand.

Hi, an hourly update does not mean the stats are just for the last hour. It means every hour the cumulative stats get un update.

That and theres people like me that would never buy a high end camera off of amazon. Want someplace with a legitimate warranty and reputation like adorama or B&H.

One of the big oxymorons of "sales" is new product sales.
When working with business planning I tell people do not base future sales on the sales of a new product.

With a new product you go from ZERO to distribution through all the channels to all the places that want to put it on the shelf.

RESALES to those same places after the initial sales is what really counts.

After all, it could sit on the shelf for ever and then be RETURNED to remove from store inventory. THEN you have to remove those initial sales from your initial sales numbers if you use them for determining future manufacturing levels.

Like the iPhone and any other product, they usually manufacture that product for months in advance to build up inventory for an INITIAL sales distribution.

So initial sales to me really is meaningless.
Wait a couple months.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back