An introduction from a long-time lurker.

MisledAmoeba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a couple of years and for some reason tonight it struck me that I should join in discussion.

I'm Tiffany, I'm 17, and I've been a hobbyist photographer for 5 years.

I'd really love to become a professional photographer. For the last few months I've been trying to get those initial jobs, and it's proving quite difficult. I have a couple of bands lined up, which I am quite excited about. However, musicians being how musicians are, I haven't been able to secure a date for the photo shoots. I've really enjoyed the process of taking someone's idea and coming up with a concept for a photo. I love being able to see the photo in my mind and pick apart how to go about taking it.

I guess I'm kind of old fashioned when it comes to photography. I prefer film to digital and dislike it when someones opts to digitally edit photos rather than learning ways to do effects manually. While I think that digitally edited photos can be really great, I don't really think of them as photographs; they're digital art. Wow, sorry... this is me now stepping off of the soapbox.

I should probably wrap this up.

I'm always up for talking about photography, so if anyone wants to chat, please feel free to email me!

Hi Tiffany, and very welcome to ThePhotoForum.
So you have been lurking for years?
I'm glad you finally decided to join in.
Feel free to join in on the discussions and to also show us some of your work.
I'm curious now ;).
As to what sort of photography is the "real" photography, there have been discussions going on and will be discussions going on. I for my part do both. Film and digital. And both ways have their rewards. Each in their own way.
But I remember that at the time I myself joined up here I was an "all-film-only" person, too ;).
Right. Warm welcome. Happy posting. See you! :)

I meant when someone takes a mediocre photo and turns it into a fabulous piece of art in photoshop, the great piece of art doesn't seem like a photograph anymore, to me. My sister's a graphic artist, so I completely appreciate the effort, knowledge, and time that goes into that sort of art, however.

I didn't mean to come across as saying that digital photography wasn't real, because it is. In fact, if I could afford to buy a nice digital camera, I probably would.

**edit: Oops, I just reread and realized you weren't accusing me of saying digital wasn't real. Sorry!**

Hertz van Rental said:
Welcome to TPF.
If you want to talk Photography then drop by the Discussion Forum ;)
ooooohh... you mean we actually talk about photography here??!!? :lmao:
*pulls head out of the off topic section* :mrgreen:

MA, welcome to TPF from another film nut.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back