Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to take a moment to express my sincere thanks to member MLeek for some invaluable assistance she provided me today. As I'm sure all of you know who have been here more than a few days, MLeek is an extremely helpful and knoweldgable member, posting everything from sage business advice to insightful critique and guidance on all things photographic to less experienced members.

Today MLeek had provided some feedback on my new website and as part of it, had raised a questioning eyebrow at my pricing structure. I swore to blue, black and blind, that the numbers worked, I'd been over them... blah, blah, blah. Well, as you can guess, I'd goofed. HUGE! I'm not going to go into details, I'm sure most can figure it out, but for those who can't, leave us just say that it was the financial equivalent of walking out the front door without your trousers or underpants on! As someone who's made more than a few posts preaching about business costs, calculations etc, I was more than a bit embarrassed, but I'm very grateful to have found out only a day after the new 'site went live.

Thanks again MLeek! :thumbup:

May I point out that besides the site being a tad slow and maybe a bit too boring the price pages are completely empty at the moment? ;)

Good job MLeeks! Should she be expecting her new Mark III in the mail soon tirediron for saving you so much cash? :)

May I point out that besides the site being a tad slow
Working to streamline some code to [hopefully] resolve that

and maybe a bit too boring
You didn't like the naked dancing girls on the home page?

the price pages are completely empty at the moment? ;)
Hmmm... I wonder why that is?

Yes, you may point those out, although I would have been more appreciative had you done so in my website critique thread.

Good job MLeeks! Should she be expecting her new Mark III in the mail soon tirediron for saving you so much cash? :)
Absolutely, in fact I would suggest she do nothing until it arrives except sit on the front porch waiting for the postman to deliver it!

MLeek has also been responding to my many PMs lately about my first upcoming "pro" event that I'm anxious about. It seems I'm probably overanxious and she's been terrific at directing me to many sights that will be helpful with my event and in calming my nerves.

TPF Member of the Month. :thumbup:

May I point out that besides the site being a tad slow
Working to streamline some code to [hopefully] resolve that

and maybe a bit too boring
You didn't like the naked dancing girls on the home page?

the price pages are completely empty at the moment? ;)
Hmmm... I wonder why that is?

Yes, you may point those out, although I would have been more appreciative had you done so in my website critique thread.

Oh sorry, I hadn't actually seen that topic. :p
I'll be a good boy and go there instead. ^^

Love is in the air...

Always found MLeek's explanations to be very insightful. Sometimes I don't think people realize that when you have a community like this, these detailed informational posts help many more than just the OP of the thread.

I would like to take a moment to express my sincere thanks to member MLeek for some invaluable assistance she provided me today. As I'm sure all of you know who have been here more than a few days, MLeek is an extremely helpful and knoweldgable member, posting everything from sage business advice to insightful critique and guidance on all things photographic to less experienced members.

Today MLeek had provided some feedback on my new website and as part of it, had raised a questioning eyebrow at my pricing structure. I swore to blue, black and blind, that the numbers worked, I'd been over them... blah, blah, blah. Well, as you can guess, I'd goofed. HUGE! I'm not going to go into details, I'm sure most can figure it out, but for those who can't, leave us just say that it was the financial equivalent of walking out the front door without your trousers or underpants on! As someone who's made more than a few posts preaching about business costs, calculations etc, I was more than a bit embarrassed, but I'm very grateful to have found out only a day after the new 'site went live.

Thanks again MLeek! :thumbup:
Wow. I am flattered that you needed to publicly thank me, but the bottle of Tequila we shared was plenty of thanks!!! LOL!
Sometimes I guess it does pay to be to be pushy about my thoughts. If my pushing you helped save your a$$ I am more than happy to push!

Wow. I am flattered that you needed to publicly thank me, but the bottle of Tequila we shared was plenty of thanks!!! LOL!
Sometimes I guess it does pay to be to be pushy about my thoughts. If my pushing you helped save your a$$ I am more than happy to push!
Just goes to prove... no good deed goes unpunished! ;)

Just goes to prove... no good deed goes unpunished! ;)
LOL! Thanks!

I am really a little embarrassed (in a good way...) and flattered! I tend to stand out in the crowd all on my own (and usually not always in a good way... large mouth... never seem to stop it from openeing...) Having someone point me out in the crowd (even though it's good!) is... well... I am stuttering!

MLeek has also been responding to my many PMs lately about my first upcoming "pro" event that I'm anxious about. It seems I'm probably overanxious and she's been terrific at directing me to many sights that will be helpful with my event and in calming my nerves.

TPF Member of the Month. :thumbup:

TPF Member of the Month??? What did you have to do to get that? WTF! Can I have like member of the minute or something?

Most reactions

Back