An original title?

Sardine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there!

As you can see, my name is Sardine. I'm 16 and I live in South Africa. I'm female. I'm interested in flying and photography. I'm currently learning how to fly, and working on my photography skills (slowly but surely).

I don't believe in editing photos. I don't like it, and I hardly ever edit mine. The most I'll do is crop and resize them (and I doubt that can even be called editing). I enjoy taking photos of my two dogs, nature, sunsets, aviation-related things, as well as random objects (like my shoes and lettuce).

I have a Fujifilm FinePix s8000, a Konica Minolta dImage x3 (I think), a Zeiss, and an old Konica Minolta. The two old cameras aren't mine, but I'm the only one that fiddles with them. I'm proud to say that I fixed one of the Zeiss's lenses (it had been broken for decades). I haven't taken any photo's using the old Minolta.

That's pretty much it from my side. If you want to know more; feel free to ask :D

Welcome aboard. So you fixed a lens? Tell us about it.

Thanks
:p

Apparently my dad decided to take one of the Zeiss lenses apart one day. Well, he didn't manage to get it back together, so it was in pieces for a while (a decade or two). Anyway, when I discovered my parents' old cameras in a box and saw the lense, I decided to make putting it back together my project.

I struggled for days. Then I finally figured out where some plastic things had to go. So, I popped them in, slid a metal ring down, added the glass, and flipped it over, confident that I had fixed it. It came apart again.

Another day or two went by, then I figured out the the metal ring was a clip. So, I wrestled with that a bit and after about 2-3 hours of fiddling and re-placing of the little plastic things, I managed to get the clip in place. I added the glass, screwed it in, and voila!

Not the most exciting or descriptive tale, and I would take it apart and take photos of the "little plastic things", but it's an absolute mission.

welcome :)

and well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back