An original title?

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Sardine, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Sardine

Sardine TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi there!

As you can see, my name is Sardine. I'm 16 and I live in South Africa. I'm female. I'm interested in flying and photography. I'm currently learning how to fly, and working on my photography skills (slowly but surely).

I don't believe in editing photos. I don't like it, and I hardly ever edit mine. The most I'll do is crop and resize them (and I doubt that can even be called editing). I enjoy taking photos of my two dogs, nature, sunsets, aviation-related things, as well as random objects (like my shoes and lettuce).

I have a Fujifilm FinePix s8000, a Konica Minolta dImage x3 (I think), a Zeiss, and an old Konica Minolta. The two old cameras aren't mine, but I'm the only one that fiddles with them. I'm proud to say that I fixed one of the Zeiss's lenses (it had been broken for decades). I haven't taken any photo's using the old Minolta.

That's pretty much it from my side. If you want to know more; feel free to ask :D

2. Doug

Doug TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hello Sardine and Welcome to the forum.

3. Sardine

Sardine TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Doug.

4. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome aboard. So you fixed a lens? Tell us about it.

5. Sardine

Sardine TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks
    :p

Apparently my dad decided to take one of the Zeiss lenses apart one day. Well, he didn't manage to get it back together, so it was in pieces for a while (a decade or two). Anyway, when I discovered my parents' old cameras in a box and saw the lense, I decided to make putting it back together my project.

I struggled for days. Then I finally figured out where some plastic things had to go. So, I popped them in, slid a metal ring down, added the glass, and flipped it over, confident that I had fixed it. It came apart again.

Another day or two went by, then I figured out the the metal ring was a clip. So, I wrestled with that a bit and after about 2-3 hours of fiddling and re-placing of the little plastic things, I managed to get the clip in place. I added the glass, screwed it in, and voila!

Not the most exciting or descriptive tale, and I would take it apart and take photos of the "little plastic things", but it's an absolute mission.

6. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    welcome :)

and well done!