Annoying people...

We had a cat fight brewing! What did you guys do? Where'd they go?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you if the woman didn't ask for the labor outright.
It's impossible for any of us to know, and it's impossible for the OP to know if she actually responded the way she says she did.

"Do it for me" might equal "I don't know how to do it" which could equal "teach me how to do it". There is only one way to find out, and the OP skipped over that step.

True... I don't ever respond with a straight up 'no'... I either offer my training services and price (for the animal) or say something along the lines of 'boy I really suck at teaching people, here's my trainer's number.' Even if they're requesting something in a rude way, they might not know it's rude and they also might be potential clients. The horse world is small, you learn quick that burning bridges bites you in the ass.

So in a nutshell, I'm with you.

After sorting through all the off topic trash in this thread, I'll comment back to the original post.

If you're posting this question in the beginner thread, I'll assume for a moment you're not an extremely experienced photographer. So you received an arguably solid compliment on your work, which you dismissed as "annoying."
Had it occurred to you to suggest you and the "annoyance" get together off the job and work together on some of her photos so you could show her how to achieve the quality she obviously admired, you may have accomplished a couple of things, like 1) make a friend, 2) learn something from the experience, or 3) have the sense of accomplishment that comes from sharing your talent with another.
Sorry if I rambled, but if you read this with a little bit of an open mind I think you'll get the gist.

Or you could understand that this is the internet and you are not in control of what people do or say.........so you move on......=)
The bigger surprise should be when no one does.

Really? I thought the biggest surprise is that you evidently cannot take a joke. You should give it a shot sometime. You know, being humorous or accepting a joke for what it is.

Or you could take the internet vigilante roll if that's what your into. See how that works out for you.

Most reactions

Back