Annoying people...

This is just a friendly debate on tea bagging......=)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious.....what upsets you more......the tea bagging or the ***** slap?

That the post be condoned, encouraged... not called out for what it is.
This is where I'm getting the feeling of lecture. You said it yourself that you are upset that people condone this type of joking. Maybe I read into it, but it seems that you believe that the rest of us should find this unacceptable.

Eh, you posed a question in a manner that directed the discussion away from the original intent of my comment. I gave an answer that went back to the original idea I posted. It wasn't really a lecture though - just a different way to answer "what upsets you more".

"it seems that you believe that the rest of us should find this unacceptable." Yeah, I'm funny like that about things like misogyny, racism, etc.

LOL I love Austin!!! Thanks for the laugh.

She probably really just wanted some pointers but didn't know how to ask for it.

I would have said something to the effect of "Well, I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time for that - I can give you a few tips if you like though."

Why go out of your way to possibly offend her when you don't even really know for sure what she wants?

At the very least, it would have been worthy of a discussion - if only to find out if she wanted you to do the editing, or if she wanted you to help guide her through it.

Ok...
Tea Bagging.....
Me - funny
You - an act of hatred on women

I guess there is nothing else to say. :sexywink:

Dammit! I hate it when threads get good when you aren't looking!

Ok...
Tea Bagging.....
Me - funny
You - an act of hatred on women

I guess there is nothing else to say. :sexywink:

Interesting that you'd only pull out the one word you think is funny and leave the rest of the comment out of it. I guess saying that if one were a male, a ***** slap would be suggested is funny as well. Nevermind the rest of what I said, what I meant to say was, LOL!!

***** slap LOL!!

"If you were a male, I'd suggest a ***** slap, followed by a tea bag. Since you are not, you're going to have to find out another entertaining way to finish out that combo."

and yes, there is nothing else to say.

:lmao:
Night night, babe!!

Dammit! I hate it when threads get good when you aren't looking!

I thought you used your phone do TPF 24/7?? Slacker.
Naw. I was at my desktop doing pictures to update my Facebook fan page. :D

But now, I'm kicked back in my La-Z-Boy, iPad in hand, ready to incite riots, or give CC to New Photographer. :sexywink:

Ask a lawyer to write a contract for free. See how he reacts.

Or a mechanic to replace a part.

Or myself to ride your problem horse.

The answer is always pretty cold. The lady is lucky she didn't get laughed at as well. Labor is labor. I don't give training tips for free, nor lessons or training rides. Period. You want my help, you pay for it.

So in my most recent thread I posted pictures of work people (or people I work with). One gal in particular admired my technique (of course it's great to her untrained eye). Anyways...it's now about 5 days later and she comes up to me and says I took some pictures of my kid. I'm like great! (why do I care?) And she continues with "Oh you could do that (editing stuff) to my pictures too!"

WTF?

And when I said no thank you, I got the feeling I had upset her. Sheesh!

/end rant
If it really went down the way you describe it, every time she meets you in the future she will be thinking "What a *****". I hope you were more tactful than you make out to be here...

You know what they say ... you only get one chance to make a first impression.

I guess it doesn't even matter if you don't care if she views you as a friend or an enemy... Personally, I would rather they be a friend. At least until you find out what they really want... She could have possibly been a lead to more clients. Not now. She will never recommend you to anyone if what you say is true.

A lot of people, especially non-photographers when talking to photographers, don't really know what to say or how to express their thoughts. 5 minutes (less, probably) of discussion would have made everything perfectly clear.

I would give you the benefit of the doubt that you did actually talk to her, but the way you describe the events doesn't really sway me in that direction...

Most reactions

Back