TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
was at treman state park this week, and snagged a few

moss.jpg

treman6.jpg

tremanbench.jpg

great color on all these pics! nice job!

I like all of these.

1) I really like the contrast of the green against the rock, and looking to the "cave" thing really holds my interest in this picture. Captures my imagination and makes me wonder about it. Is that natural? Man made? What's in it? How deep is it?

2) The backs of the benches seem to be on the verge of being blown out, but I actually think that works well for this picture. It goes nicely with the shadows. Very atmospheric and very "autumn'esque". Plus after studying the benches the road leads the eye up to the nice house on the hill, which holds the attention a bit more.

3) Very nice composition. Looks like it should be a postcard or something. The only thing I can say about this is that the eye tends to wander around the background some, so maybe if you could reshoot with someone photogenic sitting on the bench, it would help the eye linger there more?

All in all, I really like all three of these shots. I'd definitely be proud to call them mine!

Last edited:
I like them, but I think the second one would have done well from a different angle, on the other side, closer down by just the benches. Perhaps on the other side, in front of the corner of the benches, straight on.
And then b&w it.

I know one of the main purposes of autumn pictures is to show the color, but I wonder how the last one would look converted to b&w, too.

thanks guys, i was really happy w/ how these 3 turned out.

i really like the last one, but i feel like the tree on the left takes away from it a little bit.

number 1 is interesting with the textures and colours-nice
number 2 the high lights on the benches are blown out, loosing detail you could try a larger apature to get the building in focus too?
number 3 is the wb off? the bench looks blue.

I like all of these.

1) I really like the contrast of the green against the rock, and looking to the "cave" thing really holds my interest in this picture. Captures my imagination and makes me wonder about it. Is that natural? Man made? What's in it? How deep is it?

it was just a closeup of some rocks off the side of a mini cliff that had a tree growing above it. I noticed the texture and color contrasts right away, and thought it would make a great pic. The hole is probably only a foot high and one inch wide and a few inches deep.

Last edited:
number 1 is interesting with the textures and colours-nice
number 2 the high lights on the benches are blown out, loosing detail you could try a larger apature to get the building in focus too?
number 3 is the wb off? the bench looks blue.

2. I left the background fuzzy, because I didnt know if it'd be too busy w/ the building in it too. but the place is only 5 min from home, so i could always try the different angles and approaches everyone suggests.

3. I adjusted the hues in this pic because there weren't enough stand out colors. I made the bench kind of bluish as a highlight to this sort of darker feeling shot. I thought the blue shade stood out more than the plain pale wood..but i could always try it again.

1 isn't really working for me I'm afraid. I can see why you took the shot but I can also see I would have walked by. It's an interesting subject but tough to make an interesting shot out of.

#2 I like, nice leading lines but as has been said the highlights are too bright. The shadows on the road are glorious though.

#3, I think the bench is supposed to be blue but the wb is definitely off. You've went from shooting in direct sun to shooting in the shade and the image is a little cold as a result. Easy to fix if you shot in RAW and if not then adjusting the colour balance will really make those reds, yellows and greens pop.

A nice selection all in all, they capture the colours of the season well. One last thing though, I feel all would benifit from having the contrast upped a fair bit and don't forget to sharpen after resize. ;)

I made the bench kind of bluish as a highlight to this sort of darker feeling shot. I thought the blue shade stood out more than the plain pale wood..but i could always try it again.

That's what I get for taking ten minutes to type a reply. :lol:

I do think the blue works though.

so one needs to resharpen after a resizing? didnt know that.

does a resizing really affect the image quality that much? i'm sure that piece of info will be a gem to me as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back