another abstract?

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
blades_001.jpg

I'm not happy with that black blade. I think I'll go re-do this later.

The only issues I see are the shadows for the upper blades and background being more pinkish in that area. Do not ask me how to fix that I awful at lighting myself.

I only used a 40w desk lamp. The light didn't reach all the way across the photo paper which I was using as a base. Cheap aren't I? :mrgreen:
I'll set it up with more lights later. Or I'll open the shutter up for a touch longer. I've just been editing this one. It had the same problems with the base so I got rid and made it white.

blades_002.jpg

another excellent composition on both ferny! you are getting very creative lately! i always enjoy your posts!

Lately?!?! Does that mean I was crap before? :x :lol:
Thanks. :)

Here's a final version. I deliberately over exposed it slightly.
blades_003.jpg

I was setting them in order of coarseness. It says on the blade what it is. I messed up with the first shots. The black should be where it is in the last photo. :oops:

Sorry to bump this.

That last photo, would you count that as abstract? I'm not sure I would but I'm interested to see what you guys think.

The colours make me think of lego... thats a very random comment but hey.

Thanks all, but is it an abstract? :lol:

It's hard to find out what an actual abstract is. My understanding is that it's an image where you can't tell what the photo is of. Instead you get a pattern or shapes.

In terms of pattern and shapes I think it qualifies. But you can see what they are.

Of course, my understanding could (and probably is) well off.

Does it really matter what we "categorise" it as Ferny, after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and something about the placement struck you enough to bother taking multiple photos in various compositions.

Id call it abstract, but Im weird so dont trust me ;)

Does it really matter what we "categorise" it as Ferny
Yes because I'm going to post it as an abstract entry in a couple of days at the forum I moderate. I'd look a bit silly posting it if it wasn't one. :mrgreen:
Oh, and I'm trying to learn to. :)

Id call it abstract, but Im weird so dont trust me
I noticed you're looking a bit odd in your avatar. Get well soon. :(

:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back