another atempt

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here is another view of this great Bald Eagle., I took about 20 shots, through a tight cage at the Toronto Zoo, and came home with a few good views.

Nikon D70
2005/09/19 04:19:19.1
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
Lens: 70-300mm F/4-5.6 D
Focal Length: 300mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
Metering Mode: Center-Weighted
1/400 sec - F/8
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 1600
Optimize Image: Sharp
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: Manual
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Auto Flash Comp: 0 EV
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Tone Comp.: Auto
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Saturation: Normal
Sharpening: High
Image Comment:
Long Exposure NR: Off

original from the camera

websize001DSC_7814.jpg

modified with ps, I created 5 layers.. background, main head, beek, eye and a colour adjustment layer. On all layers I tuned the levels, colors, saturation, added 1 sharpen to the eye and beek, added 3.3 p gaussian blur to the background. Also, i ajusted the shadow/highlight on the head. I used an eraser tool around the head to blend the scratchy line i made with the lasso tool.

websize002DSC_7814edit.jpg

any comments are welcome., thanks everyone.

ok, first of all i must say it's an excellent shot and i like it a lot. i also took the time :)lol:) to edit the pic in windows digital image 2006 which i find has many of photoshop's features but without the hassle of getting to them... :D the shot is marvellous and i just toyed around a bit with saturation and all and got to this:
websize001DSC_7814.jpg

ok, it probably is a matter of taste, mine looks more like a parrott :D, but i like the warmish tones... oh, well, this is mainly what i think, otherwise the image looks nice. and there's also room for a title or headline down there. it's a great shot! :D

First, your edits seem to have gotten the most out of the original that you might have. I'm not particularly enamored by the composition, subject, etc. but your technical effort has paid off.

Second, why is Eydryan taking this image and feeling free to mangle and butcher it in that clownish fashion? Because, as he states, "i do things my way and right until now they've worked quite fine"? It's OK as long as it's a matter of his "taste" defining the parameters of his action?

OWNED.

my thoughts...i like the original better. sorry eydryan, but i dislike your edit. The only problem i see (with the original and ray's edit) is that it is underexposed. I like the original's warm tones better than the edit's cool ones, it just seems more natural. all i would do is take your edit, warm it up a tad, and lighten it in levels or curves. terrific shot though!

Well... looks as if. Let's hope he's not serious. ;)

I used curves on just the eagle and adjusted how it looks. Then upped the saturation +5 points. I then selected just the eye, upped the saturation +25 and changed the hue +9. I used curves on the background. This way I could get the effect desired without losng the bg to black:

eagle4pd.jpg

This is a really great shot. Good one.

Hi and I want to say that is a realy nice shot !

I think that the edited one si beter than the non edited one becose it has less noise and some more contrast

I don't like Daniel's becose he edit it to much and the feather look green

i understand now that on your monitors that edit of mine looks green. which is weird because here on my screen it just looks white with orange spots and an orange beak. god on;y knows why the difference. but well, maybe that separates crts from lcds :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back