Another D750 issue

I just came across this thread. I'm glad you got yours taken care of.

I have a D750 and a D500 both from BestBuy (also my previous D7000). When I got my D500 I started testing it with my studio equipment, and lighting gear. The Yongnuo 622N-TX flash controller was not compatible with the D500. The camera would ERR, and shutter would get stuck. It drove me crazy until I realized it was the TX unit. ==> Nikon D500 / Yongnuo 622N-TX incompatibilities

I have to say, that is the most nerve racking camera episode I've ever had.
Having a new $2,000 camera body just stop working just makes you want to pull out your hair and go running and screaming down the block.

At least I've used Nikon's repair facilities a couple times now and they were fairly fast both times - Nikon d600 oil splatter /shutter replacement and D600 lens mount replacement.

Much appreciated... thank you... my first camera was a D5100 that thing is built like a tank.... shot it in really heat waves... below freezing temperatures and always ran like a kitten... So yes I definitely agree with you... When I got the error code on my D750 let's just say I wasn't too happy at the moment... specially after a long ride and almost a 4 mile hike to the spot... lol...

I know electronics fail but 6 months into it and this happened! Let's just say I was glad I had that hike... I'm sure if people heard my voice it was so far away it sounded like an angel whispering bad words

Much appreciated... thank you... my first camera was a D5100 that thing is built like a tank.... shot it in really heat waves... below freezing temperatures and always ran like a kitten... So yes I definitely agree with you... When I got the error code on my D750 let's just say I wasn't too happy at the moment... specially after a long ride and almost a 4 mile hike to the spot... lol...

I know electronics fail but 6 months into it and this happened! Let's just say I was glad I had that hike... I'm sure if people heard my voice it was so far away it sounded like an angel whispering bad words

My first camera was a D5100, and my next one was the 750, just like you!! :D

And I, too, have been disappointed with the 750's errors. Never had an issue with my 5100.

I had my shutter on the D750 stuck the first time and gave me an error feedback. I cleared it by turning the camera off/on and was able to use the camera for a few more months with the problem happened more frequently. Then one day I can no longer clear the message by turning the camera on and off so I took off the lens and noticed the shutter curtains were all entangled.

I sent the camera back to Nikon (using Nikon Professional Service) and was able to get a free brand new shutter replaced. I think it was one of the batches that had the recall.

Check your serial number to see if yours is under recall. I wouldn't mess with anything if it is still under warranty.

Thanks for the input... it's there as we speak... just waiting on any news or perhaps a return date in the meantime... I checked the recall on the website, I entered the serial and it said my camera did not have any recall issued... hopefully I'll get it back in about a week or two... just sucks to have this happen since photography is my way to unwind every weekend

I hope you can get it fixed for free or at least at a reasonable cost.

I know what you mean. Photography and powerlifting have always been great outlets for me lol.

Well, keep us posted once they tell you problems.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back